The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5699 · 424749

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Tap for air if you need some," Sima advised Kiara.

Kiara didn't mind losing the bet, she knew her turn for fun with her mate would come soon. "You got it," she chuckled.

Kovu put on the black mawashi he had been wearing when he won the sumo tournament to add to his appeal for Sima. "Let's begin, my bloated beauty," he purred, beginning to make out with Sima as their two sumo-sized forms covered Kiara.

Ollie and Mona continued to watch the ceremony of Flash's conversion to a follower of Ozai.

"She's taking this really seriously," Ollie commended, "She really is a huge fan of his."

Gungrave

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Hogwarts Castle - (Dumbledore's Chambers)

"Excellent. Now," turning from Stripetail to Dumbledore, "I will likely use a pocket dimension to act as a forward base for my men. However, I highly recommend allowing me to use an old building in town as a headquarters. Since it will be a week until those wizards are ready, I was going to split the battalion into smaller task forces who will hit Chong where it hurts: his allies and his logistics centers--should he have any. I won't attempt to make the final push without those wizards. Notify me or my men here as soon as possible, Professor Dumbledore. Should you be comfortable with it, I intend to leave one company's worth of men here just in case Chong shows up to counter-attack. Before you ask, a company is typically four platoons with twenty men each. So you'll have a small, yet very capable contingent of 80-100 men. Likely 80, given how easily shaken up wizards tend to be with anything not-magic."
T h e   Y e l l o w    M e n a c e

C H A R A C T E R S

Life. It's easier when one spends less time obsessing over the problem and more time focusing on their solutions.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Pottermore - Innse Gall Dragon Reservation)

Auror Smythe exited the hut and apparated to where he last saw the team leader. Only to be confronted with the smoldering remains of the armed dune buggy and the empty repulsorsled. And more distressingly, a smoking crater with no signs of either the interlopers or the remaining Aurors.

He looked around and then cast the Human-presence-revealing Spell. His stomach sank as he realized that there was no Human presence anywhere. Sighing, he apparated back to the keeper's hut. It was then he wondered if these dragon hunters had made multiple incursions into the reserve.

He checked one of the logbooks and gasped. They had visited the reserve multiple times, with one visit resulting in a clutch of Lion Dragon eggs being stolen. The last entry in the logbook was made several days ago and the keeper had reported that someone had killed a Common Green dragon with what appeared to be multiple Bombarda Maxima spells.

The fact that the last entry was several days ago and that he could not find the keeper, made Auror Smythe consider the horrifying possibility that the interlopers had killed the keeper as well. Seeing as there was nothing left, he grabbed the notebook, relit the fire and threw floo powder into it.

Shouting out the name of his destination, Auror Smythe entered the campfire and emerged in the office of the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

"Chief Auror," Auror Smythe said. "I have grave news to report. It appears that the interlopers had escaped, and in the process killed the rest of my team. And...well, there's this..." He placed the notebook in front of the department head. "The keeper has made no other entries beyond this, contrary to the standard protocols. I fear they may also have fallen victim to the dragon hunters."

The department head scowled as he browsed through the notebook. "This is more serious than I thought. I shall alert Minister Fudge at once. Dismissed."

Auror Smythe dipped his head and exited the room as the department head prepared to meet with Minister Fudge via floo network.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Set that group up in Hogsmeade.” Dumbledore. There are a couple old stores- Morrigan Magic Candles and  Tatussa’s twisted Toys -that are officially closed but in reality are used for security purposes for either Hogwarts or the Ministry Have them dress in wizard attire- orange robes if possible. The average witch or wizard will view them as magical construction workers and will pay them no mind.” Dumbledore said “ Pick whichever shiop you think best suits your news.” He added
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Now, will you rub my belly, Kitty?" Tiger smiled as they enjoyed a meal together. "The god of harvest hungers." He gave Kitty a kiss to show appreciation for the attention she was finally giving more of to him.

Jing made sure to order dumplings, as they were a mutual favorite of her and Po. "What's your record on these?" she asked Po, knowing he liked to boast about this kind of thing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will need to inform my team about the situation detectives.” Stripetail said” so they can be ready at a moment’s notice.” Would you excuse me ?” Stripetail nodded at Kit and Threed then headed out of Dumbledores office. As he walked down the stairs he tapped his communicator.” Everyone, gather in the exchange staff room in 15 minutes. We have a number of matters to discuss.” “ We’re almost there .” Cynder said” Already there.” Agumina chined in.” Headed there now.” Vitani said.” What is the meeting about boss?” Stitch asked.” I’ll inform everyone when I get there.” We’re going to join up with Deimos here  on Myaardi.” Ratchet chined in.” Any specific tasks?” Recon, and destroy all forces and supplies you locate. . Once you have settled matters there I will bring you here. Bring any intel and weapons you have.” Just a note Stripetail. Scooby and I are taking a break to spend some time with Tiger and Kitty. You gave us the ok a few days ago?” Dixie said.” Go to Pokitaru but keep your communications open. I may call you back if I deem it necessary.” He continued as he went down stair after stair.” You will just have to make it up to your friends later.”
-
 With the exception of Kovu , who begged off to spend time with Dina and Kiara, everyone on the team was soon gathered together around the table as Stripetail entered. “ We will get starters momentarily.” He said as he pulled out a number of papers from his robes.” Excuse me professor?” Ruskin asked.” We are just doing homework.. but if you have a staff meeting..” Just focus on your studies Ruskin..”  Stripetail said as he took a seat.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 06:25:55 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - I thought Ratchet was on Myaardi?)

Thankfully, Captain Carson's office hours were finished just as Stripetail had called her. She made her way to the exchange staff room.

Or at least attempted to. Peeves had thought it amusing to land a direct hit with a dungbomb on her, but as she had to meet with Stripetail on a tight schedule, she could not simply change into fresh clothing or wash up.

Of course, Argus was now chasing after Peeves and tearing into him for hassling a visiting professor.

Captain Carson decided to shed her outer robe and conical hat, leaving them on a table. Even so, the scent of the dungbomb still lingered on her. She then entered the room and took a seat.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
( He is. It was a typo)
Thank you for coming Professor Carson. From the look of it you had a run in with Peeves.” Stripetail said” Now for the news. We are not the only force chasing  after. Chong.

A force from Chronopolis- which regulates dimensions and time and the related stability of both- is here in pursuit of Chong as well. He has violated a long list of time and dimension related laws and the forces from Chronopolis are here for 1 reason and one only- Chongs complete utter and permanent destruction in this existence.

Now there is going to be a squad from there setting up shop in the nearby town of Hogsmeade.  I want everyone here to assist them in any way they can. There will also be forces spread across Pottermore trying to track Chong down. . I am looking for volunteers to assist with these forces,, to assist in any way possible with recon and intelligence and your fighting abilities and powers should we be successful in locating him.

. All volunteers will be well paid and  will earn hazard pay , as needed. Any questions?” Stripetail said as he finished.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 06:49:05 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As she danced to the catchy beats of the Max Rebo Band's music, Leia felt a tug on her collar. "Of course," she smirked knowingly, as she saw Jabba pulling her towards him. She walked over, to speed the pace up. "Yes master?" she asked with a wink, pretending like she didn't know what he was planning.

As Oliver, his friends, and Panty walked through the Spire's mall, the demi-god cat looked impressed. "Just how many worlds have you eaten, mom?" he asked Panty in awe.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Myaardi)

Stripetail's message had reached the meeting room where Deimos and the rest of the crew were located, courtesy of one of the enchanted communications crystals.

"All right," Deimos said. "It seems we're going to be getting reinforcements from Stripetail and Captain Carson."

Mr. Bigmouth took a sip of his fruit juice. "Do we have an estimated time of arrival?"

Deimos shook his head. "Unfortunately, no. However, he has ordered us to scout for Chong's logistics train and disrupt it if possible."

Mr. Bigmouth drained the rest of his juice. "I presume that involves us destroying his mining camps and the like?" the Saurolophus asked.

-------------------------------------

(Pottermore)

"I did indeed," Captain Carson said, taking a seat. "I do apologize for the odor." She then listened to Stripetail speak. "Commander, if I may," she said. "We only have so many of us present and while the Spirarian crew would definitely be of assistance, there's the simple fact that they are under a curfew in Esbenshire and there is substantial prejudice against non-Magicfolk.

She then continued. "However, I can assist by having my students and I perform recon missions under guise of research and field trips."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well girls. I have a couple more days of downtime before I have to return to the hero gig.” Kovu purred.” That means I get to spend some time with my ladies. Oh.. and we might be getting some more helpers for the throne. I rescued a couple lionesses.” We’ll initiate them “ sima said.” Vushu told me at dinner that  everyone is being put on high alert.  So free time going forward is going to be well.” Zero, unless Stripetail or Carson clears it.” Kiara said.”

“ Understandable of course, we’re trying to finally get that fiend Chong. We also have a meeting with Kion and Nuka in an hour. Lions giving us a Guard update and Nuka well he probably wants some kind of job to make money. You know your brother Kovu, you know what he’s like.0

-
Get as many students as you think proper and which won’t damage op security.” Stripetail said in reply to Carson.” Say 10 or 15 to start .A decent sized group won’t draw suspicion , after all, field trips regularly happen and have large numbers of kids.” Stripetail said.

The door opened and Beatrice and Isla stuck their heads in” “ Sorry if we are interrupting anything Professor, but we are looking for Gabuna” ilsa asked” I’m also looking for Agimina. We’re writing a paper on Digimon Academy?” Beatrice added.” We’re in a meeting with Professor Stripetail right now.” Gabuna said “ That was Academy Founding? Oh shoot , I knew I forgot something this morning “ Agumina sighed.” I have the notes in my knapsack. I will help you eith them Beatrice, once the Professor is done.” Just join Riskin Cinder and the others at the study table for now, ladies.” Stripetail said.” Just work on schoolwork or pull out a book to read. There are drinks in the fridge as well if you want something to drink while you study. I’m not sure when our meeting will be over, but when it is Gabuna and Agumina will join you.” The two girls took seats next to Groth and Cinder, and Stripetail closed the door with a gesture
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Indeed," Kovu noted with a playful chortle. "So that means we should live it up while we still have free time, right ladies?" he added with a seductive purr.

"Oh yes...." Sima grinned as she and Kovu began making out. Two sumo-sized lions were now kissing on top of Kiara, but the princess of the Pride Lands didn't mind it. She truly adored Kovu, and was happy to spend as much time as possible with him.

"Just think, Po.....tonight is our first night as a married couple," Jing pointed out between dumplings, making the Dragon Warrior blush. She was able to tell he was still getting used to all the ways married life would be different for him.

Gungrave

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Hogwarts Castle - (Dumbledore's Chambers)

Threed and Kit nodded and left the chambers, quickly finding themselves at the landing point for the forces. From here, they would be organized into different groups who would then scout for Chong and his forces, then take them out. During this time, the detectives would also separate--Kit conducting more recon and small-unit actions, and Threed overseeing wider-scale conflicts and coordinating tactical movements at the company and battalion levels.

[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Hogwarts - (Random Shop, Hogsmeade)

"It's a little quaint, no?" Sergeant Hourlaw said, mostly to himself.

"Agreed sir," his subordinate replied, looking around the dusty shop.

"These orange robes are squeezing me something fierce. Petty Officer Ticktock, put in a memo to modify these later to suit more tactical needs. We can't conduct business like this. These wizards will have to get used to non-wizards at some point. We're here to help them, after all."

"Noted, sir."

"Excellent, now . . ." The sergeant strode to a nearby room. "Admin in here. The rest of the building you all can divvy between yourselves."

"Understood, sir."
T h e   Y e l l o w    M e n a c e

C H A R A C T E R S

Life. It's easier when one spends less time obsessing over the problem and more time focusing on their solutions.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson nodded. "Excellent. For obvious reasons I want any of the students accompanying me to be capable of defending themselves. Now, I have to be discreet when asking about their martial skills," she said. "So far, I thought maybe looking at their Defense Against Dark Arts skills would be reasonable proxy."

Some House Elves had prepared a tray of appetizers to be shared consisting, consisting of parched peas, potted shrimp and sourdough bread, and Cymreig rarebit. A few other House Elves prepared butterbeer as well as hot tea with lemon, sugar and milk available to taste.

"Thank you," Captain Carson said, when the tray had been placed.

(OOC - Cymru is the Pottermore counterpart of Wales. Cymreig = Welsh.)

-----------------

The head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement emerged from the fireplace in Prime Minister Fudge's office. "Prime Minister Fudge," he said. "The situation is far worse than we had previously thought. The only survivor of the investigation team is Auror Smythe. From the keeper's notebook he recovered, it appears these dragon hunters — likely Chong's forces — had made multiple incursions into Innse Gall Dragon Reservation. So far, a clutch of Lion Dragon eggs had been stolen, and a Common Green and an Ironbelly had been killed and butchered. But it's likely the toll might be higher since the notebook has no recent entries. I fear the keeper was another victim of Chong."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pick as many as you deem necessary Professor. Perhaps some of our dragons would like to come to interact with dragons on this world. “ Stripetail mused. Dragons, regardless of the world they live in, are proud and powerful beings.” Dragons do not talk on this world, Professor.” Said a House Elf .” What is your name, madam?” Windra, sir. And I’m just a lowly elf. There’s no need to give me such courtesy.” No, no, my dear I insist.. To prove it, I shall give you a plate of your favorite food and drink.” No, sir! I would get into deep trouble if I asked for such a thing.” You didn’t ask, dear Windra, I’m giving it freely.” Stripetail said  kindly.” They can’t punish you if I gave it to you. Nor can they punish any of you if I do the same for all the workers here. “ Stripetail suddenly pulled out his wand and pointed at the table where some of the Elves were sitting” Festun Magnificorum.” Stripetail commanded and the table was soon groaning under the weight of platters of food and drink. The elves gaped in amazement as every food and each drink was not only a favorite of their kind, but was in massive quantities.” You have fed us, my dear  elves, now it is only fair that I return the favor. Please, eat and drink as you want.”  Boss, you were talking about the native dragons.” Agumina said.” Ah thank you Agumina I got sidetracked briefly. Windra, can they be communicated with?” Most witches and witches don’t bother, sir, with trying to communicate with them. They are greatly feared. .” We can try  Skylands said.” “ I’d nominate Roke.” Groth chimed.” Cousin that would be a very dumb idea. Role would just try to steal stuff from them. Like their eggs or valuables.” Cinder said” Besides he’s in detention- AGAIN.” Let’s let Professor Carson decide said Old Spyro from his chair” I could teach them how to play Skystones” Young Spyro grinned!.” Two things wrong with that idea Spyro. First, they would not be interested in playing games. Second, all you’d be doing ins padding your wins total, which is high enough already .” Skylands said with a smirk.” We need to find out more about these dragons. The only hint we have of Ching is that he may have been sighted in a dragon reservation. That and he likely robbed a graveyard full of ancient and powerful wizards and witches.” Stripetail said.” We will need some of us to go to those locations and learn what we can. Chong is up to something, as he always is. He has enormous resources from working with Vox and he will likely have already bought some friends. As the saying goes, Gold talks loudly, while silver whispers.”
-
Po held on tightly to Jing as they went down a long zip line. The pair was strapped in but the sheer combined weight was straining the zip line above them.” I can’t believe you talked me into this Jing!” Po sputtered as they zoomed down towards the end of the line. Jing laughed loudly and mirthfully as  they went down” Live a little, hubby” she grinned.” We have mini golf next.  If  I win the hole, I give you yet another kiss. If you win, I buy you the next dessert you want to the ice cream shop.  The course is even shaped like pandas.” She said as they finally reached the bottom. Smoke drifted up from the ziplline which had started to  catch fire from the friction and heat they had generated .” Geez.” The attendant said as he looked at it.” Another 10 feet and this thing would have burst into flames and broke. We’ll have to move the couples to Aline 2 while we repair this line.” Oh goodness.” Sorry asking said apologetically.” Not your fault man, we usually don’t have pandas riding this together, give us a few days and we’ll have a panda proof line in place.
-
Kovu nuzzled both Kiara and Sima as he recounted his adventures.” You should have seen me girls! I was letting have it. Gut smack to the face and a fireball to the jaw to finish them off! Even stared down their metal boss Clockwork. That guy.. really creeps me out. No wonder Sly has problems with him. But the biggest thing is that I am finally entirely like Scar. 100% similarly, no rounding caveats or exclusions.” I know that means a great deal to you dear.” Kiara said with a purr.” And your big brother was the first to notice it. I owe him for that big time. As I figured that I was probably 10 years away from getting there. The last few differences were big ones.” Well, you got it done, big boy. So why don’t we use Kiara as a wrestling mat?” Sima grinned.” Better get the dewrestle spray out girl, you’re going to need it.” We have 5 scents, which one should I use.” Whichever one you think is best for  when it’s your turn with your boy. Melt Your Heart Mint, maybe, or are we out of that.” We might be, we had a sumo session about 5 hours ago and we both use that brand. There’s  Tropical Breeze, Fiery Flame. Lazy River and off the Mat. I think Off the Mat has the most left I’ll go check.” Kiara said.” I also have a few ladies that may join my throne, if you girls ok it. I rescued them as well.”!Kovu said.” Bring them in after we have both had some fun and we’ll give them a look.” Kiara said.” As long as they are nice ladies I wouldn’t mind. I wouldn’t want someone making fun of my curves.” Sima said.

-
Kawa finished inducting Flash into the sect and give her a necklace to wear and a check with her name on it” the great Ozai has decreeed that everyone who follows him gets 1 million Mawashiii dollars a month. Not sure what the current exchange rate is, but for a lass your age Flash it’s more than enough.” Oh. We are SO going toy shopping.” Mona said with glee as she gave Flash a rib- hurting hug” Come on, we need to get some Ozai stuff, stuff for Zoai, and some things for my mom, your mom and your dad. We can ask Miss Arlene or Miss Dixie, they would definitely know what your mom would like. We have money- ok YOU have money- let’s go spend some
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Get ready to have a sumo match fought on top of you, Kiara," Sima smirked. "If you accidently get squished does that mean I get to be Kovu's queen?" she added with a joking chuckle.

"I'm sure you'd want to be," Kiara said as a makeshift sumo ring was made in their hotel room. She would be the center of it, and endure the bulk of her mate and her friend's combined weight.

Kovu had a smug grin as he stepped forward. "What should I get if I win?" he asked.

"That could've ended in disaster for us," Jing said about the zipline. "Let's have kisses to celebrate our survival!" She began smooching Po more and more. Clearly should we use anything as a reason to get more kisses in with her new husband. It was becoming clear to Po that Jing was never going to let up on these, so he probably had to just accept them as a part of his new lot in life, as much as he had accepted Jing herself.

Zoai was happy to see Flash become an official follower of Ozai now. "I can't wait til the match," the young Mawashiian cat smiled. "King Ozai is going to absolutely crush us!" Now, given Ozai's record in the sumo ring, it made sense that all the girls knew they had absolutely zero chance of winning. But they all were actively looking forward to being defeated by the massive sumo king.

"His "Sacred Win Counter", right?" Ollie asked the trio. "What is that all about, again?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

Captain Carson nodded as she ate her Cymreig rarebit. "Well, that sounds like a good place to start. However, I highly doubt I can bring my students to the dragon reserve." She then turned to both Skylands, Young Spyro, and Cynder . "Perhaps you three could go there? I'll take some of my students to investigate the western forest. Who knows, Chong's forces may have already taken some of the trees."

It was then the door opened. "I'm sorry I'm late," Ms. Swimmer said. "But I had some class related matters to attend to. Now then, what's on the agenda?"

----------------------------------

(Myaardi)

Mr. Bigmouth was preparing the supplies for an exploration mission. The repulsorsled was stocked up with weapons, exploration gear and other potentially useful items. In particular, the Dwarf Fikod had proven to be quite helpful, selling him explosives. Deimos was busy checking his rifle.

He then turned to Ratchet and his crew. "So, is everyone ready?"

It was then that Kire approached, his signature Daybreak javelin in hand. "Do you mind if I join? I know this planet better than anyone."

"Not at all." Mr. Bigmouth also checked his messenger back to ensure he had adequate supplies on hand. His rifle was laying on the repulsorsled.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Try and find all the information you can.” Fudge sighed. “ We will need to fil that position and increase security on the reservation. I will need to send my condolences to his family and provide compensation and benefits. I’ll have to look over the most recent employment contract he signed, that’s for Wizard Resources Department.” Fudge rubbed his forehead.” Between this and the grave robbing, Chong is definitely up to something. I would hesitate to suggest necromancy, since reviving the dead is impossible, but clearly he’s going to use the dragon parts and body parts for SOMETHING. Between this, the pink stone insurgence, the guest students at Hogwarts and now this Chronopolis force requesting resources to go after Chong, I’m stretched to my limit. I also don’t appreciate the implication of alternative realities. We have enough problems in this dimension.”
-
 Have a seat  ms Swimmer. We are sending small groups to go to places that Zchong or his forces are reputed to been in the last couple weeks. Both Spyros, Cynder-Warfang, Cynder-Skylands and Cinder-Weenly have volunteered to go talk to the dragons.” Don’t forget me.” Ruskin grinned.” And you Ruskin. Please note that these dragons are not used to sentient dragons and have been isolated for both their safety as well as that of the wizard folk that live nearby. In short, don’t annoy them .” Stripetail said. Gabuna Agumina and their partners are going to investigate the graveyard. Identify anything you find interesting and report back, whatever Ching wants with ancient powerful wizards and witch’s- well their mortal remains- well it won’t be good.”
-
In a nondescript looking house in a small town called Avonwand, Chong sat at a table across from three black robed wizards. On each of their arms a black skull with a shanked coming out of it was clearly visible.” Cups of tea sat in front of each of them in the middle of the table latyva huge bank bag , filled to the brim with a galleons.” Gold will not buy ourLord’s interest, mister Chong.” Ssaidsaid the wizard nearest to him.” We don’t really care how you made your money or really why you are here. You oppress the foolish Minister? Get in line. You stand against Dumbledore? Again, there’s a line.”!Gentlemen.” Chong said and pulled a small vial from his robes. “ this visual can cause untold chaos with just a few drops. Put it on any-ANY- corpse- and it reanimates it. This is a mutagen gentlemen, one of the most powerful- and most dangerous- known to exist . Took a lot of money and a lot of dark wizard favors to get it , not to mention a few unwitting saps.. Long story  short, my dear Deathwaters, is that this mutagen will allow your master absolute freedom to take over Pottermore.  You see, this mutagen not only revives the dead- well inn a fashion- they retain the powers they had in life. Consider for instance a flesh golem. A big hulking brute of a monster , but less intelligence in its body than the average dog or cat. But, give it intelligence and great magical power.. and you get a force that is near unstoppable and will cause enormous damage. Picture all that - now picture a ARMY of them. Thousands upon thousands- replenished by the bodies of your enemies or whatever sap you pull off the street. Pottermore would fall, entirely, in a few days.”!That is a grandiose claim, mister Chong. What proof do you have of it?” Said the second wizard.” Chong put the vial back in his robes and chuckled.” Behold.” He clapped his hands and the door to the room opened in the doorway stood a tall deformed figure with bright glowing eyes . In the creatures right hand it held a wand clearly of ancient make.” Meet Percivud Purcell. He was the headmaster of Hogwarts from 1524 to 1578. Been in the ground for nearly 400 years- he caught a wasting disease that killed thousands in the early 1600s- and was deep at his rest until I woke him up. Isn’t that right, Headmaster?” You are late for class.” Spoke the figure in a terrible voice and all three death eaters recoiled in horror.” As you can see, gentlemen, I brought proof. Now, go tell your master. I am willing to help him crush his enemies- because they now include mine. In exchange, I would like a dmall island in the Middle sea. A nice place to retire and relax and well punish anyone that you send to me. Think of me as a  prison warden for hire, if you will.” The fire in the place suddenly flamed out and a puff of smoke trailed into the room. Out of the smoke strode a man he was bald extremely pale skin with snake like features on his face. The wizard radiated enormous dark power and at the sight of them the three death eaters assumed a submissive posture.” My Lord we.”?one began but Voldemort- for it was he- silenced him with a glance.”! So you are the one called Chong. Why have you demanded a audience with me.  Demanded, as if you are a peer to me in rank and power?”! Voldemort pulled out a long thin wand and brilliant green light appeared at the end of it.” Speak, then in your defense. But know this. A single irriitsnce from you and it will be the last words you will ever speak.” Chong held the dark wizards gaze and calmly reached in and pulled out the vial again. “ As I was explaining to your representatives, my Lord, I have a means to create an army of big unstoppable might. Like Headmaster Purcell in the doorway there. One of the greatest of his era- brought to ours.” The renaninated corpse strode into the room and raised its wand.” Why are you not in your homeroom! It is after hours!” Boomed the golem and Voldemort briefly flinched.” The creature.. speaks.” I can create a army of wizards and witches like him. Reanimated Dragons, Giant Spiders, Vsmpires. A army that will bring this world to its knees. No matter who might oppose us.” .” Chong said.” The killing curse won’t work on them - and I had er ‘ volunteers” test this out- as they are already dead. They are subject to my will, my Lord. They will attack any I tell them to, or aid any I telll them to.. Now imagine a army like this under your command. This world would be at your feet. No matter how powerful your enemies. Such as Dumbledore for example. Or in my case that thrice damned squirrel Stripetail.” Voldemort walked slowly around the former headmaster.” Headmaster Purcell. Will you serve me?” Voldemort raised his wand and the light in the in the eyes of the golem slowly change color. Once it turned blood red the golem sank to a knee” I serve, my Lord” it intoned.” Voldemort burst into laughter.” Oh , very good mister Chong. You have found a way to revive the dead and make them servile! If only my Deathwters were all so loyal. But no matter. I will need time to consider how best to use this to my advantage. Dumbledore and Potter, as always, stand against me.” The Dark Lord laughed harder “ how so could you have, say, fifty of these.. what shall we call them Chong.” How about the Revived?” Chong grinned.” Hmm.. that will do for now. We can refine the naming later. Have them ready within two weeks. Wizards , witches, and Dragons. I willl make my demands and when they refuse- as those fools obviously will- then unleash war the likes that Pottermore has never seen. Even the great Merlin himself would quake against such a firce.” Voldemort said as he put his wand away.” Come you three. We have much work to do. I leave you to yours mister Chong.” I shall begin immediately, my Lord.” Chong said with a formal bow.” Voldemort and the Deatheaters disappeared from the room and Chong turned to the golem” come, headmaster, we have done recruiting to do.”

Ratchet nodded as skier entered the room” I’m always ready to blast the enemy.” He pulled out two glowing blasters” upgraded Gadgetron Buzz Blades send a huge electric shock to anything they hit. Upgrading it wasn’t that cheap, Gadgetrin has been hacking their prices lately especially on weapon anno. 250 bolts for 300 shots of this weapon. Mr Fizzwidget is definitely going senile- well MORE senile.” Focus on the task Ratchet.” Angela said as she loaded her weapon.” Ready to go Deimos. Lead the way.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Ministry of Magic - Pottermore)

"At once, Prime Minister," the department head said. He tossed some floo powder into the fireplace, said the name of his office and stepped into the flames.

He emerged from the fireplace and back in his own office. Auror Smythe was still there, seated in one of the wooden chairs facing his desk. "Auror Smythe," he said, dusting some soot off his robes. "I have a new assignment for you."

The aforementioned Auror looked up. "What is it, Sir?" he asked.

"You will be heading back to the Innse Gall Dragon Reserve and you will collect any and all evidence pertaining to the keeper and his...passing."

A brief look of fear crossed his face as he recalled how the interlopers made mincemeat of the Aurors and even some of the dragons. "But Sir, the interlopers are exceedingly powerful."

"Fear not. We will be reinforcing the reserve with hit wizards as well some Ministry trained security trolls. You and your fellow Aurors will be be arriving via portkey. Now then, I suggest you get prepared."

Auror Smythe sighed. "Yes, Sir." He then exited the room.

--------------------------------

(Pottermore - Hogwarts)

Ms. Swimmer did so. She took a bite of the brown bread and drank some of the very strong tea, scrunching her muzzle at the taste. "Thank you," she said. "Though the tea is a bit strong."

"Pottermorians traditionally put sugar and milk in it," Captain Carson said. "But onto more pertinent topics. In addition to what the others had said they will be investigating, I will be taking some of my students to investigation the western forest."

Ms. Swimmer nodded. "I see. Now then, what will my role be?"

"It would look very suspicious if all the visiting professors went on a field trip simultaneously."

"So I stay behind?"

Captain Carson nodded. "Remember, we also want to keep tabs on what the student body and other faculty are up to as well as their opinions. Who knows, with less of the visiting professors, some of the students might voice opinions that they wouldn't otherwise dare to voice."

--------------------------------

(Pottermore - Knockturn Alley)

Even with the heightened security restrictions and Auror patrols, Knockturn Alley was still as unsafe as it ever was with merchants selling items of dubious legality and quality.

And that was where one of Chong's Muggle associates was attempting to pawn off some Fireball eggs stolen from the Innse Gall Dragon Reserve.

Primrose Myrrdin looked at the mysterious person standing in front of her counter inside Myrrdin's Miscellany. The inside of the shop had a variety of used goods ranging from potion brewing supplies to brooms. The person wore a set of mirrored sunglasses, a full-body cloak and a scarf that covered their face. "Do you accept new goods?" The voice was unusual, sounding heavily distorted. Perhaps it was a new spell she didn't know about.

Primrose adjusted her glasses. "Do you see what I'm selling?" she replied, gesturing to a rack of old cauldrons in the back. "If it's usable, I'll pay a fair price for it."

"Well, I have something that I think you'll greatly enjoy." They looked at the windows and the door. "I'd rather show you in a more private area though."

Primrose nodded and flipped the sign on the door to read "closed" and then headed to the crowded backroom with the Muggle in tow. The backroom had some items that were clearly less than legal with controlled potion brewing ingredients and some enchanted Muggle items being the most obvious.

"It had better be something good," Primrose said tersely, glaring at Chong's associate.

The Muggle said nothing but carefully removed a Fireball egg from under their cloak.

Primrose's eyes widened as she gently held the egg. It was warm, almost hot to the touch and the brilliant red egg with the golden speckles were the identical match for the eggs. "A Cathayan Fireball egg?" she asked. The egg shells of this particular dragon variety were commonly used in Cathayan wizardry and had recently become in vogue among Pottermorian Magicfolk. Indeed, demand was so high that legally acquired Cathayan Fireball egg shells (via scavenging from nests after the eggs have hatched) wasn't enough to keep up with the demand. That and some particularly fastidious Wizards wanted whole Cathayan Fireball eggs.

The cloaked figure tilted their head but spoke. "That's the name of it? How much?"

"How many?"

"Six," the cloaked figure replied. "Six thousand galleons for all of them."

Primrose shook her head. "Two thousand."

"Fine, five thousand."

"These are rare, but not that rare! 2,500!"

The figure shook their head. "Getting these was dangerous. I expect that myself and my men be compensated appropriately for it. 4,500!"

"3,000!"

"3,500!"

"3,250! That's my final offer!" Primrose said, crossing her arms.

The cloaked figure nodded. "Deal." They pulled out the six eggs from under their cloak and Primrose handed them a cloth satchel. They opened it and counted up the money. Satisfied they had received their accurate payment, they nodded and pocketed the the satchel. "Pleasure doing business with you."

They then left Myrrdin's Miscellany, flipping the sign to read open on their way out.

Primrose hid the eggs under some loose papers to keep it away from prying eyes.

(Myaardi)

Deimos nodded as he climbed on the back of the repulsorsled. Mr. Bigmouth took the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Do you have any recommendations on where to begin?" Mr. Bigmouth asked, checking the parameters of the sled's engines and repulsorlifts.

Kire gently landed on the back. "We can look at the plains. Given its flat area, it's likely he's built up a mine or refinery there."

"Well, that's good enough. All ready?"

(OOC - Cathay = China)