The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5703 · 447842

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Though it's weird," Ollie said to Flash and Mona's moms. "I know they basically have no realistic chance at beating the king, why did they ask you to root for them to lose?"

Mawa could only let out a warm chuckle in response. As a native Mawashiian, he knew why they wanted that. "Everyone who gets defeated by King Ozai in sumo, even if it's in a simple practice sparring match, gets added to his Sacred Win Counter," Zoai's dad explained. "Since Ozai remembers every match he ever won, being defeated by him personally earns you a spot in history. It is a tremendous honor to lose to the great Ozai."

"I'll let you decide," Kovu said again to Sima as they took their sumo stances atop Kiara. "What should I get if I win?" He was eager to hear what his beloved ladies could come up with for him as a prize.

To her credit, so far, Kiara was able to withstand the combined weight of the two who were wrestling on top of her.

On Tattooine, as Leia kept dancing, she eventually felt Jabba literally pull her chain. She knew full well what this meant as she gradually danced closer and closer to him. "Yes master?" she asked the Hutt.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Myaardi)

Deimos loaded his .50 caliber sniper rifle with explosive ammunition. They looked just like standard ammunition except the tips had a barely visible blue aura. As these cartridges were manufactured in the industrial sector aboard Spire, they were charged to have an explosive punch similar to that of a hand grenade. Of course, this would not have been possible Mr. Bigmouth and Twilight Sparkle's work, research on some old spells that were used at the Battle of Surf Point, and as the rare materials harvested from Weyard.

"We're all ready," Deimos said.

"Excellent," Mr. Bigmouth said, starting up the engine and pulling out onto the streets of the castle town. Kire was flying overhead with his Daybreak spear in hand.

In several minutes, they were out on the plains. Deimos was scouting the area through a set of electrobinoculars that he had stolen from one of the Dreadzone arenas. "So far, I'm seeing nothing."

Mr. Bigmouth was focused on driving. The Saurolophus scanned the areas as he drove. All he could see were rolling green plains populated by various woodland creatures and birds. A few lakes broke up the monotony. He could also see some houses floating on islands supported by clouds up in the sky. The repulsorsled had scanning equipment, but it was packed away.

(Pottermore)

"In that case," Captain Carson said. "I will shortly be excusing myself to gather up some volunteers." She grabbed one of the signup sheets and started writing the information down. The scouting mission was framed as a research expedition to the western forest to study the ecosystem and to gather some of the wood for the next lesson. As an incentive, those who volunteered were rewarded with ten extra points to their house (per volunteer) as well as five points extra credit on the next exam. Of course, she did make it very clear that only students enrolled in her class and had high grades in Defence Against Dark Arts were permitted to volunteer.

Once that was done, she left the room and made her way back down to her classroom, where she pinned the sign up sheet on the door.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Gungrave

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Ingall Dragon Reserve - (Dragon Corpse Site)

Even the Chrononauts didn't enjoy having infinite resources. Sometimes, when things became burdensome to take on by themselves, they enlisted the help of the SBI, the Spacetime Bureau of Investigation. As both the SBI and Chrononauts stood over the site of the dead dragon, they knew that it would take both of them and more to finally deal with Chong once and for all.

"So, what we got?"

Agent Lovefool handed her associate a datachip, which he took and plugged into a slot at the back of his head. He hummed and ahh'd every few seconds while scanning the information.

"That's not all," Lovefool sighed. "Intel from Chrono says our guy made off with some eggs."

"Eggs?" Agent Fluffy rubbed his chin. "What would a veteran of the Time Wars need with some eggs?"

Lovefool shrugged. "Dunno."

"Local intel from law enforcement? Military?"

"We know Hogwarts is sending wizards who are en route as we speak. We've sectioned off this part of the reserve. They've got a five-acre cordon. We have all the space we need to figure this out."

"Where's Chrono now?"

"They have a lead on Chong's whereabouts. Said they're assembling strike teams to start hitting him."

Sadly, for all these two knew, Chong was long gone by now.

"Agent Lovefool. Agent Fluffy." Lifting the yellow cordon tape, Detective Senior Inspector Queror strode over to the two agents. Her blue hair was in its signature bun--always neat with nary a hair astray--her grey-blue skin and jet black eyes regarded the two heavily. "This just in from Desk. You're looking for eggs? There's a shop not too far from here that one of Chrono's stakeouts in the city noticed had suspicious movement. One profile fitting Chong's. They looked to be holding a sack or case of some kind with egg-shaped objects inside. You know what that means?"

Before she could even finish, Lovefool grabbed her coat from a nearby vehicle and donned it. "It means, I don't want to let Chrono get the credit for this one. Sorry, boss. You can write me up later."

Queror chuckled. "When did that stop you? I don't mind taking over the dragon corpse investigation. But hey--make sure this one is done by the book. We're working with foreign nationals outside of our normal timeline. Have Hogwarts leadership secure you a warrant for this shop, have a team of special-entry wizards or whoever they use here and do what you have to do. And I better hear some good intel after the raid. Fluffy, you can go too. I know how bored you get on simple detail."

"Uh, thanks boss! Don't worry--we'll be back before ya know it!"

((Chrono = the chrononauts))
((Difference? Chrononauts are like the military. US Armed Forces. SAS. Delta. That kind of thing. SBI would be FBI/federal/interior agencies. MI5, CIA, NSA--the "spooks" and such.))
T h e   Y e l l o w    M e n a c e

C H A R A C T E R S