The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Once again, I'm glad I have the option of watching these new episodes online, since I don't get that channel at my house.

Looks like the new theme this season will be that magic map that sends the six friends on new missions, which I find to be rather interesting. In this two-part episode, we also got introduced to some new characters, not just Starlight Glimmer, but also some of the ponies in that town (I don't remember some of their names, but once they got their cutie marks back, they certainly had some nice talents). Also interesting to note is that those cutie marks were not necessarily given up, but rather were simply taken away by some magic spell that Starlight Glimmer knows how to use. Even though all of the cutie marks were returned, she still managed to get away, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing her again, later on. And of course, there were plenty of funny moments in this episode (as much as I'd love to list them all, I don't think I'd have enough time to do so).

Definitely looking forward to the rest of this season.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
This was an excellent opening to what I'm sure will be an excellent season. The Cutie Map as it has officially been called seems like it'll make an interesting addition to the series and hopefully it will lead to the Mane Six having more adventures outside of Ponyville.

Starlight Glimmer was a really interesting villain(and is best communist). It surprised me that out of all the enemies the Mane Six have faced, Tirek, Discord, Nightmare Moon, Sombra, Chrysalis, she was the only one who wasn't truly defeated at the end. Sure, her plan was foiled but she still got away and will most likely return some time in the future(possibly the season finale)?

Also, is it just me or did the Cutie Mark Vault kind of look like an iPhone?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if she'll keep popping up.  A guess I have is she may pop up during the season.  also they may gather the 8 thingies, or maybe not.   it could be she'll get 4 and the main 6 will get 4.  Though if it is like usual there may be no tie except that they'll be sent to various places of Equestria.  Which means we'll get to see other towns, some that we heard about.  I do hope they visit some towns we have seen before.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST

I just got done watching it.  Apparently, yesterday was much busier for me than expected. (Not to mention it was the last day of two little nephews being at my mom's house and they were quite rowdy.)

Anyways, this was a good episode and worth quite the wait we had.  Starlight Glimmer is indeed a different take on a villain.  Yet, I'm not sure what it was that drove her to take everyone's cutie mark and brainwash them.  I guess if she appears again, we can find that out.

Also, I like the fact that the Mane Six weren't the ones who got back the cutie marks.  It was all of these complete strangers who found out that Starlight Glimmer had lied to them.  The four who chased Starlight Glimmer were awesome with they're talents and I really enjoyed the scene.

I look forward to this season and what it can bring us.

And the next episode looks like it'll be about Twilight getting over what happened to her old home. (CURSE YOU TIREK!!) I'm sure it'll be an emotional one. :) (Ready those tears!)

Well, see ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, time for my "what's new and hot" post.

No big surprise, Starlight Glimmer pretty much took over fandom artwork, comics and got a plushie in just two days. (I think, aside from being the villain, it was that face she made at Twilght during her "friendship speech".) Right behind her were the four who really saved the day. (Double Diamond, Night Glider, Party Favor and Sugar Belle.) All of them getting a vast amount of artwork, comics and even a few plushies.

In fact, my mind is already making up a quick one-shot for a Party Favor & Sugar Belle shipping story.  We'll see how it goes. :)

Anyways, here's some of the marathons going on before the next episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/mara...leading-to.html

See ya tomorrow for my Live Stream Post! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do hope we'll see more of those 4, but sadly we likely won't.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

For today's episode, I suggest you get tissues ready.

Summary: Twilight is avoiding her new home because she's reminiscing over her old one.  Can her friends make the castle more like home and help her get over her loss?

Castle Sweet Castle Live Stream Links

Dang!  I SO hate Tirek for this!  You don't go and destroy a main character's home.  Not unless you have a serious death wish.  I REALLY hope he's suffering in Tartus right now for this.

Well, I'll hopefully be giving my opinion later tonight.

See ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I kinda figured that Twilight's friends' first attempt at redecorating the castle wouldn't go so well. I do like what they ultimately settled on, which included digging up the remains of Twilight's old home and turning it into some kind of collection of memories. And of course, there were still plenty of funny moments too (most of them coming from Spike).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just finished watching the episode. This was perhaps the most touching episode MLP's ever done. It's incredible just how much effort Twilight's friends put in to make her feel more welcome in her castle. Of course in their first attempt they were missing the point but at least their hearts were in the right place. The scene at the end where they dig up the remains of the library and turning it into a collection of memories brought tears to my eyes.

I actually thought it would be more depressing. Not saying that's a bad thing that it wasn't. I just remember the trailer for season five making this episode look really sad.

Great episode. Hopefully Twilight will be more comfortable in her new home.

EDIT: 1,000th post!! WHOO!!!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

This was indeed one emotional episode.  I too am surprised by the amount of effort Twilight's friends put into making it her own home.  It also seems they added their own touch with a room or two.  I'm sure we'll get to see what they did with each of the rooms as time goes. (I mean, that dining room Rarity did was amazing!)

What really shocked me was the cameo of Bulk Biceps.  He actually works at the spa now.  He gives massages.  Ouch!  Poor Spike! :lol

Of course I won't leave out what they did with the remains of the Golden Oaks Library!  That was pretty awesome of them. :)

It was enjoyable and let's see what's next.

For the next episode, Apple Bloom is suffering from anxiety over getting her cutie mark, turning her life into a nightmare.

Okay, if she is suffering this much, just give it to her already writers!  Seriously!

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I found Bulk Bicep's cameo very funny.  

If they wanted to help Twilight feel more at home I'd have thought, why not go to the ruined castle and bring in some books.  Applejack has a cart and they all have saddle bags.  That surely would help Twilight feel more at home and where they are the book will be ruined eventually.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Someone went to the length of counting every gem on the memory tree.  The total is 103.

http://i.imgur.com/frJv4qR.png

Yet, there's currently only 94 episodes.  Any guesses why there's more?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Events we didn't see happen?  That makes the most sense.   also maybe the animators didn't bother counting.  But I prefer my first reason.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My guess is that the animators didn't really think about how many gems they were going to put on the tree. They were probably more concerned about finishing the episode.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope Starlight Glimmer come back. Some of the Castle Sweet Castle highlights was the return of Bulk Biceps.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just so you all know, the portrait Rainbow Dash threw out in the episode.

http://drlonepony.deviantart.com/art/Mane-...astle-526484488

That looks awesome and now I see why everyone was yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when she threw it out.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They never did bring that portrait back, did they? I hope it will reappear in later episodes 'cause it's really sweet.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now for this week's "What's New and Hot" Post!

This week, Starlight Glimmer is still holding her top spot, but Twilight Sparkle is quickly catching up due to her new look.  That thing got a plushie in no time and even inspired an idea for a new shampoo.  Likely won't happen for real, but we can dream. :)

Anyways, here are the marathons for tomorrow's episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/mara...ding-to_17.html

See ya all tomorrow! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

Time for Applebloom to take the spot light.

Summary:  Applebloom is suffering from anxiety from not having her cutie mark.  It is turning her life into a living nightmare.

Okay, if it's this bad, just give it to her already, writers!  We've been teased long enough.

Here's the link for the Live Streams.

Episode 4: Bloom and Gloom Live Streams

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just finished watching the episode. Seemed kind of "eh" to me. I'm pretty disappointed that Babs got her Cutie Mark offscreen(does this mean we won't see the Manehattan Cutie Mark Crusaders)? The constant "only a dream" portions got tiring pretty quickly although the part with Big Mac speaking more than Granny Smith and Applejack was kind of funny. I am glad that Princess Luna finally met with Apple Bloom in her dreams. Now the holy trinity is complete.

All in all, not a bad episode but nothing spectacular.

EDIT: There is one thing I forgot to say. I liked the part where Scootaloo is flying during the CMC's dream meeting. That was just so cute and awesome!