The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anyhow I'm really looking forward to the season finale. And I think this is a great lesson as well. You can still be friends no matter how famous and busy you are. This show has helped me out a lot and I'm thankful for it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SMALL SPOILERS POST

Okay, I don't have much time, but I'll give out two things about it.

One, this Episode corresponds with Just For Sidekicks (Where Spike took care of the Mane Six's Pets) as the episodes happen on the exact same day in the Show's Timeline.

Two, Old Cliche of "Mistaking the Wrong Individual for Someone Else" is present in this episode.

That is all.  I won't be able to post the YouTube Link until later today after I get off work.

Until then, see ya! :wave

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 8 2013 on  08:30 PM
No, some bronies need to grow up about something. It's not all of us that are bashing her. I haven't attacked her in any way, so don't you dare throw me in with the crazies, animeboye, got that?

Oh, and Petrie, don't you dare ever say "ignore raptor" again. Don't you EVER call me "just a complainer" ever again, either. Got that? I am not willing to put up with any crap from someone like you. You think you know me?  :spit  Get real.
Oh, I'm real scared!

Seriously dude, why is it that whenever someone challenges your viewpoint or has a different opinion than you, you act as if they're out to get you? Where in my post did I lump you in with "the crazies"? I didn't. I wasn't defending you but I wasn't attacking you either.

And yeah, sorry but this fandom does have some serious growing up to do. And I'm not talking about me or Petrie. I'm talking about the Bronies that have temper tantrums over every little thing that happens within the fandom. I'll listen to the Bronies that present their opinions on such matters in a calm and collective way. I will not listen to the Bronies who just go all "WAAH! WAAH! ALICORN TWILIGHT! ME NO WANT!!!!"

Personally, I don't feel strongly about this either way. I've got more important things in my life to worry about than whether or not a cartoon character becomes a princess. Twilight becoming an alicorn could be a good change, it could ruin the show completely. We don't know yet.

Do you remember a few pages back you were telling me how much you hated bullies? Well, you're acting like a bully right now, yelling at me and Petrie, threatening us, dishing out the "Got that's". You sound like a schoolyard bully who's threatening to beat us up after school. Calm down. You need to stop acting like the whole world is out to get you.  You have a right to an opinion just like everyone else here but there are better ways to express that opinion than just flying off the handle and attacking and insulting people.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
For everyone who was looking forward to Fighting is Magic, I have some bad news: the devs just got a cease and desist from Hasbro.

One thing puzzles me, this game was in development for two years and was pretty well known even then. Why would Hasbro wait until now, when it's near finished to serve the devs that letter?

Anyways, I see a lot of people making unauthorized merchandise and selling it for lots of money (remember the guy who advertised Fallout Equestria hardcover books on Facebook?).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Get off it! This isn't about you challenging my viewpoint! I couldn't give a damn what you two think of the whole issue. This is about you two insulting me by telling everyone to ignore me and that I'm nothing but a complainer. Don't you dare act like the innocent victim here.

No, you and Petrie are the ones acting like bullies. Ganging up on me like you did. Don't lecture me. I'm not willing to take any of that crap from someone like you. You two were the ones who made something out of this. Remember that.

And don't tell me how to express my opinion. I have been expressing it very civilly for a long while now. This has nothing to do with opinons. You has everything to do with you and Petrie deciding to get my case over nothing!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nobody ganged up on you. I didn't even agree with the guy.

I also didn't tell anyone to ignore you. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm playing the innocent victim? Oh, like what you're doing right now? Pot, meet kettle.

Take crap from someone like me? Who, someone that's well liked by the people in his life? Someone who was trying to get you to calm down? What are you even getting on my case for anyway? I never said anything against you. And yeah, you are being a bully: You're yelling your head off at people who said...really nothing to you, you're threatening people, but hey, I put your name in a post that wasn't even aimed at you and I'm the bad guy. Not the guy who's having a tantrum like a five year old, no, the guy who didn't do anything to you is at fault.

But you know what? Why should I even care? You'll just yell at me again anyway.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Your words were "it isn't just WeirdRaptor", thereby throwing me in with the crazies. You can't backpeddle. No one does that to me. Ever.

If you supposedly "dont' even agree with him", you could have left me out of that post, or hell, defended me! Show me where I was causing trouble! Show me!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright everyone, please calm down. You both have a point and are both offended. I suggest you both close the gang of five for an hour or so, do something relaxing and come back. Please, this is not the 'civilized' Gang of Five as I know it. If this escalates any further we will have to take action.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Gladly. On my return, I demand an apology, though.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All of you may start thinking of an apology, including you WeirdRaptor.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have a feeling that this is a bad idea, but…

Weirdraptor, Animeboye, can you two PLEASE give it a rest?

Petrie85, with all due respect, you really shouldn't make comments like that one you made about Weirdraptor; whatever your reasons for making such a statement, that did come off as pretty insensitive. I do believe you owe him an apology one everything calms down.

Animeboye, I for one can't tell whether your response to Petrie's statement was a deliberate affirmation of what he was saying about Weirdraptor, but even if it wasn't, I can see how he would perceive it as another insensitive remark. There is no call for your subsequent responses to him, however; you are only escalating things into a flame war.

Weirdraptor, I'm sorry you were offended, and I do not believe that anyone should talk to you the way Animeboye is or talk about you the way Petrie85 did, but you are not helping things. I know you've said in the past that you have problems with your temper, so I strongly think that you should take a break from this thread/this forum/the Internet/the computer (take your pick) and allow yourself to cool down.

I don't know if any of you have seen yet, but Malte posted a warning in the "Things you hate" thread not to prove him wrong on his belief that the MLP thread should not be closed down. If you upset the admins to the point that they do close down this thread, there will be a lot more unhappy members (some of whom may be angry at you). In any event, this flaming is not helping ANYTHING, so PLEASE stop.

EDIT: Looks like I write way too slow. Oh well.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I might make a suggestion?

I think the thread should be locked. At least until this alicorn Twilight episode is over. I get the feeling that the next week is just going to be filled with more bitching, more flaming, and just more of what went on just a short moment ago.

I don't think MLP should be banned from GoF and I don't think anyone else should get banned because of it. This alicorn thing is getting both parties, those for it, those against it, and those who don't care too much riled up. So, in the words of Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, let's lock the thread, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all this to blow over.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That won't be necessary. As long as everyone keeps their cool and keeps unkind words to themselves next time, we'll all be fine.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well considering this last week or two has been mostly everyone complaining at each other, I do think at least a temporary lock should be considered.

At least until the alicorn drama has passed. By then, everything should be okay and everyone'll be back to sharing comics and fanart and talking about pony news. Hopefully.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We will discuss this with the staff, though I assume you are wise enough to let the topic rest without us having to lock this down :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
There may have been a lot of complaining, but until Petrie decided to not to think twice before running his fingers over the keybord, there weren't any flames, either.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Feb 9 2013 on  02:23 PM
We will discuss this with the staff, though I assume you are wise enough to let the topic rest without us having to lock this down :)
I think I can comply with that request. No problem  :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 9 2013 on  02:27 PM
There may have been a lot of complaining, but until Petrie decided to not to think twice before running his fingers over the keybord, there weren't any flames, either.
Alright, let's just let it rest for now. For the time being, why don't we try to talk about something else, like this week's episode? What did you all think of it?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have to say I'm with Weirdraptor on this one. Personally I think that the manner in which a controversial subject is discussed is more key to avoiding a nasty argument than the subject matter itself. Up until today's regrettable incident, the drama in this thread hadn't gone beyond a few vehemently stated opinions, as far as I could tell. Besides, what's the point of having a MLP thread if we don't discuss things on it? :p And who's to say we have to talk about this whole silly "alicorn Twilight" drama anyway?

Case in point, have a happy bat: :D

Anyone else notice that this picture is an homage to the original "Brushie Brushie" meme? :DD)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.