The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 90284

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Okay guys," Devon told the pink and tan flyers. "you go ahead and get more sleep, we'll take Pterano to  his birthday surprise." He grabbed Pterano by the arm. "Come along, Dad." Devon took off with Pterano, with Chomper on his back and Sierra.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Okay guys," Devon told the pink and tan flyers. "you go ahead and get more sleep, we'll take Pterano to  his birthday surprise." He grabbed Pterano by the arm. "Come along, Dad." Devon took off with Pterano, with Chomper on his back and Sierra.

Why did I post this twice? :blink:
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Starday? Did I hear starday?" Roger said quickly getting to his feet as if he hadn't just fallen. "Who's the lucky dino?"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Artie turned towards Roger. "I heard it was Pterano's." she replied.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Tero shook himself fully awake. As he tried ot get up, he saw that Luke had fallen asleep ontop of him. Rolling his eyes, he gently pushed Luke's head to hang on the other side, and got up.

He limped to the cave opening, narrowly avoiding banging his head on Roger, as he hung from the ceiling. Looking down at Redback and Zin, he picked up a small pebble and chucked it down at them, catching Redback a stinging blow on his tail.

The sharptooth arched up in pain, unceremoniously being woken up from his dreams. Glaring up at Tero, he shouted to him "Yeah, good morning to you too, weedbeak!"
Muttering mutinously under his breath, he shook his old friend awake "Hey Zin, wake up.There's some sort of to-do going down in the caves. Could ya gimme a boost?"

Zin nodded and lowered his head, so Redback could perch atop it, and rose his head up to the ledge of the cave. As his massive head came into the flyer's view he said "Good morning to you all. Hope y'all slept well... No offence, Tero..."

Tero just glared back at the old dinosaur as Redback hopped off, picking up and replacing any black weeds that fell off him as he landed. "So, what's going on today then?"

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Petrie and Harper flapped right along following Pterano, Devon and Sierra. Harper heard their sharptooth guests query on their way out and turned, "It's our Uncle Pterano's Starday" she told Redback, "Mr. Sierra and Devon apparently made something and we're going to see what it is" she told them before flapping to catch up with the others.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Fury smiled as he watched the others fly off to see Pterano's starday gift. He stretched his wings and tail before starting to walk around the cave, being cautious not to wake the other three flyers. He stepped out to the edge of the cave and stared out at the sky. He grinned almost as if he had no control as he whispered to himself. "I'll tell them all today... about what happened. Just like my mom wanted."

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Sierra landed on the beach, Devon and Pterano fallowing. As soon as Pterano landed, Devon used his claws to cover Pterano's eyes. "Hey!" he reacted.

"Pterano, shush! It's a surprise, remember?" the blue flyer told him. Sierra led Pterano and Devon to the statues that he and Devon built last night.

"Devon, move your hands," Pterano said. "I can't see a thing."

"Just trust me, silly flyer." the young flyer laughed, before giving Sierra the look and Sierra, knowing exactly what Devon's look meant, he pointed up with his claw, signalling Devon to release Pterano.

What Pterano saw made his jaw drop.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
The sound of Fury walking past him stirred Luke from his sleep. Noticing that most of the others were gone, he turned to Roger. "Where'd everyone go? To get food?" he asked hopefully, scooting backwards to get out of the bright sunlight.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
As Petrie and Harper followed, landing just behind where the other three were, the hatchling caught sight of what this big surprise was before Pterano did.

"Oh, wow...".

As Petrie was about to say more, Harper clamped one wing over his beak, "Shh, don't ruin their surprise" she said. Both giggled as Pterano finally saw what it was.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Redback called from the ledge. "They flew off a moment ago. Somethin' about a star day, Pterano's, I think... By the way, Tero, c'mere a sec, will ya?"

Tero looked up and, apprehensively, made his way over to his sharptooth friend. Who promptly punched him in the face.

"That's for the rock ya threw at me!"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano dropped his jaw wide. What he saw before him was a rock sculpture of him. It looked just like him. It had all his body parts, arms, legs, belly, crest, everything just right. It rose a good foot taller than him, and its feet were at least five inches bigger than his. It even had his personality on it. "Oh, oh, oh...my GAGHHHH!!!!! Devon, did you build this?"

"With his help, yes." Devon replied, pointing at Sierra and laughing at Pterano's reaction.

"Wow! You guys did a great job!" Pterano commented as Devon threw his arms around his neck, giving him a great big hug.

"Happy star day, Dad!"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Fury couldn't help but giggle at Luke's comment. "No Luke, they went to celebrate Pteranos' Starday. They said they had a surprise for him. Although I'm sure once they're done food will be their next idea. And I'm sure they'll come back for us so we can all eat together." he commented with a bright grin as he turned around and walked back into the cave. He then replied, "What's wrong Luke, don't like the bright circle in your eyes?"

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Redback turned in surprise to the tiny flyer "Yer pretty chirpy all of a sudden."

Zin nodded, and promptly moved a claw in front of Tero, before he could retaliate for the black eye Redback had given him. "Aye, 'tis good for our eyes to see you happy again. Something happen?"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Nah, it gives me a headache if I stay under the bright circle for too long," Luke replied to Fury. Then he nodded in agreement with Redback. "Yeah, Fury, you seem different. Did you have a good sleep?"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Ya like it, Pterano?" Devon told the red flyer, giving him a nudge.

"Oh Devon, it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" he pulled him into a hug. "You are amazing, you know?"

"Yeah I know." Devon laughed, snuggling right up against Pterano's chest, wrapping his arms around his waist and closed his eyes.

Pterano just smiled, tightening his arms around his adopted son, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Oh brother..." Sierra muttered, rolling his eyes. "Well, uhh, happy starday, Pterano. I'm gonna head back to the cave and get some more rest, alright?"

"You do that..." Devon told the brown flyer, snuggling closer to Pterano.

-------------------------------------------

Rinkus opened his eyes. "Jared, are you okay?" he asked in concern, spotting his son in the cave opening. "You want to fall asleep in my arms again? You look tired."

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared heard Rinkus, and walked right up to him, still tired and weary-eyed.

"Yes, dad, I do. Please let me sleep in your arms again. Hooooohhhhuuummm.. " yawned Jared in a very sleepy voice. He was still so tired and could hardly hold his blue eyes open. He climbed back into Rinkus's bed and rested his head on the pillow.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Aww...come here, son." Rinkus told him softly, opening his arms. Jared snuggled himself into those arms...those strong, warm, loving, fatherly arms of Rinkus's. The tan flyer nuzzled his chest gently, falling asleep right afterwards.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
As she looked at some more of the details on the rock statue, Harper giggled, "I think you guys got his head right too, Devon" she told him, "Mom says that's how big it is" she teased her uncle, giggling again.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano smirked at his niece, hearing her giggle playfully, it brought the child in him as he smiled back at her. "Very funny, Harper..."

Devon looked up at him and giggled, "Yeah, you do have a big head..."

Pterano just nudged him in response, holding him tighter.