The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 90197

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Heheh." Sierra chuckled. "Well that was impressive. I take it you learned that from him? For a minute there, I thought you were gonna hit the water, as it seemed like you had I dunno, passed out or something. Shoulda known it was all part of your trick, though, or fancy flying. You know anything else?" he asked, easing himself into his flight now and becoming a bit more relaxed.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper turned to Petrie, his stomach still growling.

"So, you wanna finish the story? You wanna?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rinkus took note of the grumbling of Chomper's stomach. "Here now, what's this?" he asked. "Something tells me those two might be gone for a bit, so you want I should catch you some fish, then?" he looked down at the sharptooth, figuring it was a probably a good idea to do so before he got too hungry.

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sure, I'd love that!"

Chomper saw Rinkus worried look, and added.

"It's just, I didn't want to go out tonight and...look for something to eat."
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"That's fine. I'd fare a little better I think, what with my wings and all." the pink flyer stated, and flew off of the cliff ledge and towards the lake that Jared had gone to earlier.

The flight took him barely any time at all, as it was off in the distance, and just visible from the cave entrance. Soaring downward, he scooped one up from in his jaws, and proceeded to feast upon it, swallowing after he was done. The hunter eyed his next catch, and dove once again.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few moments later, Rinkus returned, plopping two fat fish down in front of Chomper. "There you are. Hope that's enough for ya." he stated, flapping back up to the ledge.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Devon thought for a moment. "Oh yeah, watch this." With that, Devon flew ahead of his father, heading diaganally (if I spelt that right...) towards the ground first before shooting himself up into the air, circling the clouds and forming and ice cream like shape before catching up with his father once again. "Another trick Pterano has taught me. And he taught me how to capture sharpteeth as well!"

-----------------------------------------------

Pterano watched from the cave enterance. As happy as he was to see his adopted son bond with his comrade, he was beginning to feel a little lonely. Devon was gonna spend alot more time with Sierra, now that they're no longer hating eachother.

Pterano wanted Devon to be happy, but he also wanted him to be safe. What if Sierra really is tricking him?

He sighed, letting tears run down his cheeks.

(Aww...poor Pterano...SOMEONE HELP COMFORT HIM!!!!)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper happily gulped both of the fish down. This was actually a good sized meal for him, and he didn't feel hungry anymore.

"Thanks a lot Mister!"

Chomper saw that Pterano was starting to tear up, so he walked up to his side and asked.

"Hey Pterano. What's wrong?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sierra whistled a little at Devon's aerial acrobatics. "Well that is pretty impressive." he murmured, before Devon rejoined him. "Pretty fancy stuff he showed ya." he said. He suddenly felt a twinge of regret, as he realized that he should've been the one to show his son these things.

"Catch a sharptooth eh? Well I have something to show you as well. We can trade, I guess. I'm taking you to a lake that's not as close to the cave, but that's because there's something there that I want you to see." he explained. The lake was at the top of some mountains, having been a collection spot for rainwater in the previous decades.

Landing on the rocky shores of the still lake, a small stream could be seen stretching off to cascade down the mountains in dazzling spray. The interesting thing about this region though, was the unusual stack of rocks that they could see on the shores. Someone had piled them up to make different shapes, and some had logs sticking out of them as well. They weren't anything in particular aside from shapes. "Here... over here." Sierra strolled over to the rock formations, and tapped one with his hand. "See these? I... built these... a long time ago, when I was around your age. I just put together whatever came to mind." he told his son, motioning to the group of small structures that littered the lake side.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Artie placed a comforting hand on his shoulders, she knew exactly what's going on. "Don't worry, Pterano. You're not gonna lose Devon." She told him softly.

--------------------------------------------------

"Whoa! You built those! That's friggin awesome! How'd you do it?" Devon asked, smiling at the brown flyer.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"He's a little... odd," Luke replied to Roger, "It's nothing personal against you." Turning to Harper, Luke nodded. "You're right. We should get inside. Wanna join us Roger? If you couldn't land when it was clear, I don't know how safe it'll be if it's raining."

Looking out at the mysterious beyond, he muttered to himself; "I hope Jared gets back soon. You could get lost in this weather."

"Hey, Tero!" Luke called up to where the silent flyer was perched, "You should come in as well! So you won't, you know, die from the cold!"

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Petrie gave a small smile, "Sure, uncle". He turned to Chomper and was about to finish the story when the whole thing with Devon and Sierra cropped up. Petrie noticed it a lot, though, how...unlike last time Sierra was acting. From having nothing but remembering that about the mean flyer the contrast was very stark. Rinkus was trying to be good now, the little one thing, maybe...maybe everyone was trying to be good.

Rinkus even proved this by next offering to go find Chomper something. That went far in Petrie's leaf collection (book :lol) and he now gave the pink flyer a very genuine, relaxed, smile.

He noticed his uncle looking upset along with Chomper though and moved over as well as Chomper asked if Pterano was ok.

"Yeah, and you still have me and Harper" Petrie said, flapping up to Pterano's shoulder, "and even Chomper" he grinned down at his friend.

Flying back down, he went on, "But me finish the story for you" he told Chomper.

"After is when it really get good too, 'cause Uncle Pterano he do good like he say he want to all along. We all up there after stone no work and me mama come to find us and...well...yell at uncle for us being there, when suddenly everything go all shaky. Uncle Pterano think it the stone, but it turn out it just earthshake. Ducky almost fell, well...did fall" Petrie frowned as he remembered this. Even if this was the part of the story where everything turned good, they hadn't known that at the time and Petrie had just had to watch his best friend tumbling down.

"Uncle Pterano, he fly out and save her, though!" the young flyer said in pure admiration, "and everyone happy about that. When we get back, he still have to face Littlefoot grandparents for what he do, and they banish him for five cold times, but it lot less since he help save Ducky and...now he all better". This last part might not have been completely true yet, but Petrie's faith treated it like it was and he smiled over at his uncle.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
And all of a sudden, just by Petrie finishing up the story and comforting him, Pterano was filled up with joy. He scooped up the young flyer in a hug against his chest. "Oh you! You always know what to say, don't you, Petrie?"

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper watched as Pterano started to feel better, and even hugged Petrie! They looked so happy together, he just wanted to join in, so he walked up and hugged one of Pterano's legs.

"I'm happy that your happy now, Pterano!"

He then thought about the ending of his little mis-adventure some more.

"So, you ended up saving Ducky in the end? That's really good! You seemed like a pretty good flyer to me when we met earlier, so I kinda thought you'd do the right thing in the end. I'm sorry that your banished out here, though. I kind of feel like I'm banished out of the Great Valley too."

Chomper got a little emotional as he remembered his predicament again. He looked down at the ground and sighed. He missed all of his friends in the Valley, and he wondered if he'd ever see them again. A tear formed in his eye.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sierra couldn't help but smile as he saw his son's face. It was like he was REALLY seeing his son's face, and not just the flyer he'd been abusing all these years. "Well... back then I was still torn over whether or not I really loved your mother or not. I was a bit confused by all those emotions runnin' through me, so I used to just sit up here and build these. Here..."

He bent over, and picked up a rock, using both hands due to its size. "I'd just start stackin' 'em like this, see?" he put first one down, and then another next to it, and put a third on top of those two. "You can make anything you basically think about." he pointed to one with four "legs", a middle base, and a "tower" on top. "Like that one over there." he explained, and then held a medium sized rock out for his son. "You want to try?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Sure thing, Dad!" Devon did exactly as his father had told him as Sierra watched with full amazement. Devon was really getting the hang of this.

--------------------------------------------------

"Aww, come here, you!" Pterano beamed, scooping the little sharptooth up next to Petrie against his chest.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Heheh." Sierra chuckled, beginning to smile again in spite of himself. "So whatcha makin' there?" he asked, standing a respectful distance away to see his son's handiwork. "You're actually quite the builder. I didn't think you'd pick it up so fast."

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
(Pterano, are we gunna do the same thing to surprise Jared like we did last time?)

"It's a statue of you!" Devon replied as the rock formation began to take Sierra's shape. "I'll do Pterano next. His sixtieth starday is tomorrow and I just thought I'd make a little sumthin sumthin for him...as soon as I'm done making this for you."

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
(I am loving this Sierra maybe being a little bit better, at least towards his own son, idea Pterano :DD)

Petrie smiled back at his uncle, hugging him back. He smiled over at Chomper too as the sharptooth was scooped up. "We see Littlefoot and others again, me sure" the little flyer said.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Roger looked out at the sky, seeing the weather and thought. "Yes, got a point there lad" he then looked at the cave. "Ya sure there's enough space? I wouldn't want to squeeze in there and make all of you uncomfortable"

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh that reminds me." Chomper said as he let go of Pterano and Petrie.

"Can I sleep in this cave too? I don't like getting wet, and I kind of like caves anyway."
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)