The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Out of time and place

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Hey Cleve what's your security level?" Frank asked Cleve walking beside him.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Fairly high," Cleve stated, "I work for the Navy, and I'm a Lieutenant. I was working on a secret project before I ended up here, although I can't tell exactly what I was doing."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well I guess I can tell you that I don't only have several friends in intellegence but I work in the intellegence field mostly in the office mostly with interrogation of captured Luftwaffe pilots, and translating captured enemy documents." Frank said.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Is that before you became a fighter pilot?" Cleve asked, "It must have been a heck of a job. Shooting down enemy pilots and bringing them to interrigation."

Suddenly, a thought struke Cleve. "Say Frank," Cleve leaned up against Frank's ears and whispered, "Is the Luftwaffe trying to experiment with magnetism and invisibility? Both radar and optical invisibility. I was working on a secret Navy experiment involving magnetism and invisibility. Then, something went wrong, and I ended up here. Don't tell anyone else, okay?"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I'm not sure but we've heard rumors of the Germans working on something called flying wing technology but we really don't have many details, but I got started in intellegence not that long after Pearl Harbor was attacked." Frank said. "I know I won't divulge anything you've told me about the navy experiment."

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"I don't know much about flying wings," Cleve stated, "but it does sound interesting. In any case, don't leak anything I'm about to tell you, okay?"

While Theo was not watching, Cleve started whispering to Frank. "You know Albert Einstein, right?" Cleve asked, "He has this theory that says that when an object has gravity and a large electromagnetic field, we can get all electromagnetic waves to bend around the object. That means that you can't detect the object with radar, magnetism, or your eyes. So they invited me onto this ship, a destroyer-escourt named the Eldridge, probably because I'm familiar with radio, radar, and magnetic waves. They put all these field coils on the front of the ship, and they were supposed to create the electromagnetic field needed for invisibility. But when we turned on the field coils, a green gas filled my room. I fainted, and when I woke up, I was here."

Cleve looked around to make sure no one was listening. Then, he continued, "I believe that the electromagnetic field might have been too high. If we formed our own electomagnetic bubble, that means that no light reached us. I don't know exactly how it worked, but that elecromagetic bubble might have formed a time-space warp that sent me here."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It might be what sent all of us here." Frank said. "I have heard of Albert Einstein and I've read a few of his theories."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos sniffed the air and picked up the scent of Cleve and Frank. He then headed towards that scent, which happened to be the grove that Theo and the others were in, but the smell of the sweet bubbles made it impossible for him to continue.

He then headed back to the camp.

----------------------------

Theo did overhear a little bit of the conversation but he quickly lost interest since he understood nothing of it.

He then continued looking around for anything strange.

A glint of light inside a clump of grass caught his attention. He held the torch with one hand and parted the grass with the other hand. He gasped as he revealed a large metal cylinder wound with now badly oxidized copper wires.

"Cleve! Frank! Come here! I found something!" he shouted.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"What is it Theo?" Frank asked walking over to where Theo was.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cleve noticed the metal cylinder and picked it up. "I'm not sure exactly what this is," Cleve said, "but it's probably a piece of the landing gear. I heard the gears on those 109s aren't that tough. We're close."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It sure looks like a piece of the landing gear from a 109 since I've seen them upclose and personal many times." Frank said.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I know where a wreckage site close to here is, and from the sound of it, it's probably the 109 you've been looking for!" Adam said.

Cera asked the gang. "I feel like going somewhere. Anyone want to?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Show us the way," Cleve said, "This is gonna be a great discovery. Given the fact that we found the landing gear, the pilot probably put his gear down. That means that he probably had a more controlled landing. For us, that means more salvagable parts."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Where did you want to go?" Littlefoot asked.

-------------

"Let's get going then the sooner we get the cannon and ammo the sooner we can return to the cave." Frank said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Would it be far from here?" Ducky asked, curious about if Cera had a spot to go to or just a general go somewhere.  

"Go to look for adventure?" Petrie asked, a but unsure.  & wondering to himself why they could never have a nice non scary adventure.  That he may enjoy.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Lead the way Adam we'll follow you to the crash site." Frank said.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Adam started to lead the way. "So, if it is the 109, what kind of weaponry is there to be salvaged again?"

"Well," Cera began "You've all been cooped up in this cave for more than a day. Don't you want to head out on an adventure? Maybe go see what those humans are up to?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"oh, you mean be sneaky and sneakily follow them?  That could be fun." Ducky said nodding enthusiastically.  

"That may not be to scary." Petrie said thinking it over.  

"And it would let us go out of here for a while and see more places and things." Ducky said.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos entered the cave and ran into Cera and her group. "So where are you headed?" he asked with a grin as he placed  the pot by James.

James sipped his stew and turned to Deimos. "So what did you find?"

"I'll share it later when everyone else comes back," he said. "In the meantime, I'll go with Cera and her group."

"Good luck you all," James said, stirring his stew and adding some more tree stars.

-----------------------

"So what do you need me to do?" Theo asked, holding up his torch so the others could see.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"I dunno Cera," Ruby said, shaking her head, "It's not polite to follow others around if you don't have the permission, and following others around without permission isn't polite."

-------------------------------------------

"The Bf-109 is the primary fighter of the German Luftwaffe," Cleve lectured, "It's fairly fast and agile, and most are armed with a 20mm cannon and two 13mm machine guns. Some versions have a 30mm cannon instead of the 20mm one. I really don't know how to get the cannon out of the nose though, but I'm sure there is a way to get to it. After all, if they need to clean the cannon after it jams, they'll need a way to reach it."

Cleve slowed down until he was shoulder-to-shoulder with Frank. Then, he whispered, "It might have been what brought us here. If the Germans knew about this, they might have started their own program. That would explain why you and the 109 appeared here. What was underneath you when your plane was teleported here?"