The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Out of time and place

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos returned with a leaf sled containing three large fresh fish for the others "I got some food, so everyone ready for dinner?" He was not hungry since he had already eaten his fill of crawlers.

Theo nodded. "James needs to return with the firewood," he said, throwing the last piece of firewood and stoking the dying cooking fire.

As soon as he said that, James returned with an armful of wood. "So what are you all talking about?"

James then took some of the smoked fish and ate it.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"We were talking about why some leaf-eaters don't go to the Great Valley," Cleve said, "Adam has been here a long time, but he has never heard of the Great Valley before."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You thinking of going out to where it was found and look around at those wrecks if any are there?" Dan asked.

"Maybe since he has not talkeded to many while he was here." Ducky said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I'm ready for dinner." Frank said picking a piece of fruit up.

-----
Littlefoot retuned soon after james did. "James and I brought more wood." littlefoot said.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Adam replied to Ducky. "That's right. Before last night, I didn't even know that dinosaurs could talk! I always stayed away from them. I've learned a lot over the past day."

"If you think we still have time today, I could take you all to another wreckage site" Adam said. "If not, we can always get to it tomorrow."

Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"That sounds good if we go today we should wait until we're finished eating." Frank said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I agree with waiting till after everyone has eaten.  But who will go and who will stay here?" Dan said before getting some food for himself and going to sit down to start eating.

"I do not like to travel while hungry, no I do not." Ducky said.

"Me no like that." Petrie said.  

Spike made some sounds agreeing that he did not like traveling while hungry.

"Spike says he doesn't like to travel while hungry either.  I do not think anyone would.  

"Maybe someone strange." Petrie said, not sure who would like to travel while hungry but a strange person.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I was thinking that cleve and I should go." Frank said. "Anyone is welcome to come with us if they want to though."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James returned with a large pot of water which he placed on the main cooking fire. "This will be water for the fish stew. I've got to boil it before we cook with it. In the mean time, I'll go fry some fish."

He then sat by the leaf sled and started gutting and scaling the fish with his knife. "Cleve, Theo, Deimos, could someone start another fire?"

Deimos nodded and grabbed some firewood and piled it up. He found some rocks in the back and made a ring on which to rest a frying pan or something. He then stacked up the wood and used a firebrand from the main fire to light it.

Theo grabbed some more fruit out of the bucket and ate it.

Raptix looked around the cave. He examined the pots and pans in the back of the cave. "You guys are a pretty odd bunch," he said.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Cause we're not from this time period, Raptix," Cleve responded, throwing a log into the second fire. "I can go with you, Frank," Cleve said, "We both have experience with aircraft, but that 20mm canon, if we can salvage it, might be heavy. Besides, we don't know where the wreck is; we need a guide. Who found this wingtip again?"

"Theo found it," Chomper said.

"It was found by Theo," Ruby specified, "He found it while gathering fruit at a nearby forest."

"There's plenty of stinky fruit there too," Chomper added, "We sharpteeth always stay far from fruits like that."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You'll have to be careful with using those guns since we can't make ammo for them.   Unlike Black powder weapons." Dan said.  

"If you are going to go be careful." Ducky said.  

"Very careful." Petrie said nodding.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I've been very frugal with the ammo that I had before I met all of you." Adam said "I would only use it in dire situations, such as a dinosaur trying to kill me."

"About the salvage trip, I still want to come. Theo may know where that piece of metal is that he found, but I probably know where the wreckage nearby to it is."
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"That sounds good to me." Frank said nodding his head. Frank turned to Theo "do you think you could show us where you found that wing?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Theo nodded as he tossed some wood into the main cooking fire. "I'd be happy to show you. But shouldn't we eat first?"

"Dinner's not going to be ready for a while," James said, sticking the fish on spits and preparing to roast them.

Theo nodded. "Adam, Raptix, Frank, ready to go?" he asked.

Deimos looked at the pot of fish guts and got an idea. "I'm going to see if there are other dinosaurs around and trade this for info," he said. "If I'm not back before Cleve's group, assume that I ran into trouble."

He then picked up a large firebrand from the fire and the pot of fish guts and headed out of the cave into the darkening landscape.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I'm ready whenever cleve adam and raptix are." Frank said getting up from where he was sitting.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm ready to go." Adam said. He turned to Cera and told her "And I think you should just stay at the camp this time. It's dangerous out there."

"Humph!" yelled out Cera, as she walked back into the back of the cave to talk to the rest of the Gang.

"I'm ready too." Raptix said. "I ate when I was at the place you found me at."
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hello Cera.  We are glad you are here, we are we are." Ducky said as she walked over to where Cera was so they'd be closer together.  Spike nodded and got up from where he had been sitting and resting to walk over closer to where Cera was.  

"See, Spike is glad you are here too." Ducky said to which Spike nodded.

"We together at." Petrie sad nodding.  "But what we do now?" He asked looking at those others present.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"There's no use sitting around," Cleve said, "Let's go. Theo, lead the way." Cleve walked out the cave, breathing in the fresh air. His shoulder was a bit sore from carrying the gun, but the pain was not too bad. Cleve grabbed a rifle and loaded it before leaving. Raptix got up and followed.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank walked out of the cave following raptix,Theo,cleve, and adam. "Let's make this quick it's getting dark out." Frank said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Theo picked up another firebrand and led the way to the fruit grove.

"Good luck," James called. He then added some dried fish cubes to the now boiling water in an attempt to make some soup.

--------------------------

Deimos was standing by a large cliff when he heard rustling. A large sickleclaw about his size emerged from a crevice in the cliff face.

"An interloper," it said. "Leave before I turn you into my dinner."

Deimos was undeterred. "I came here for info," he said.

The sickleclaw laughed. "Info, eh? What do you want?"

"The big buzzing flyers, are there any others?"

"Yes, but I can't remember because I'm a bit hungry," the sickleclaw replied with a toothy grin.

Deimos dumped out the fish guts on the ground. The sickleclaw hungrily dove into the food.

"Ah, yes, I remember, many cold times ago, one of the buzzing flyers flew past a mountain shaped like a Threehorn. They say beyond that mountain is a land where death awaits sharpteeth."

Deimos smirked; he had some info. He then headed back to the camp with his torch and bucket in tow.