The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

How's the Weather?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got some heavy thunderstorms passing through the area right now. Already saw the lights flicker briefly a couple times, so hopefully the power stays on for the rest of the night.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Got some heavy thunderstorms passing through the area right now. Already saw the lights flicker briefly a couple times, so hopefully the power stays on for the rest of the night.

I hope everything turned out okay, Mu-u-u-ud Brother!

As for my area... well... quite uneventful. Just like the past prior summers, though. Not that the fishy can complain. Well it always sucks to be very humid everyday, but that's summer here for ya. It'll be even worse, when by Sunday or Monday next week it should get up to 90°F during the day. So with the humidity it'll be even more unbearable than it already is.

Speaking of weather... may make a whole separate detailing the details, timeline, events of the Storm of the Century, or the Superstorm of 1993 to be more specific. I'm quite obsessed with that event, so as long as attention span permits... I'd be glad to get a discussion thread going about it. Would be especially interesting, considering the amount of members here that were born before 1993 to have been able to experience it if you live in America, on the eastern side at least.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
cooling off. it was a pretty typical summer temps here today

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hottest day today, so far...
90°F, very humid
Also, right now, almost 10pm still 80°F air temperature outside, so not much relief. Will have more relief later down the week.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not go-o-od this week, o-o-o-oh no, no, no-o-o-o! :duckyworried

Monday was Partly Cloudy, however it's gonna be quite rainy from Tuesday-Friday, with Tuesday (yesterday) and Friday being the most rainy days this week.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We had a big storm today.
And I have encountered first twister in my life. Right in front of me. I was at home. Some windows were torn out in nearest house where twister hit, and a lot of torn trees in its path.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We had a big storm today.
And I have encountered first twister in my life. Right in front of me. I was at home. Some windows were torn out in nearest house where twister hit, and a lot of torn trees in its path.

Mo-o-o hope everyone was alright from the tornado, Sneak! :opetrie
Very scary to hear it actually went through your neighborhood, almost near your house too. Based on the damage described, it was a weak tornado, right? But if it went directly through some houses, that would be real ba-a-a-ad.
:redclawscared

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yes, it was a weak, Though we never ever had such tornadoes in our city. Not I or my parents recall.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mo-o-o-o see! Glad it wasn't too bad! I've never seen a tornado here before, but one time Mo-o-o did get a Tornado Warning alert on my phone. Supposedly the tornado happened like maybe... 50 or more miles west of us. Closest a tornado had touched down within the region during my lifetime. It was quite stormy and windy that day, regardless.