The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 88503

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jul 31 2010 on  12:59 AM
Quote from: Blitz,Jul 30 2010 on  09:56 PM
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jul 31 2010 on  12:53 AM
To post a bio of your persona, please post it here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...?showtopic=6357

It's just for us for get a better image of your character. You don't have to draw it, though it might help for some, but it will be helpful for us if there is a bio for your persona. :)
Oh crap! Speaking of which, I don't have a dinosaur fan character. Maybe I could come up with one? I'm not all that good at drawing, so... idk about that part.
You don't have to come up with a fan character if you don't want to. :) Fan characters are allowed, but not mandatory.

And it's okay, you don't have to do it NOW, but it would be good if you did if it helps you. :)
Oh.... Well, ok.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jul 31 2010 on  12:34 AM
^That's fine, in fact as of now:

And just to clear any confusion, If you are playing yourself and THREE other characters, yourself is considered a character. So you have reached that maximum.

Those of you that have less then three, feel free to take some characters from the list. If you want to switch a character, you are free to do so as well.

That is all. :)
I'll give up Ali then, I never mentioned her that much.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought the limit was 4.   I guess I should try to work some of mine into the rp more maybe.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^The limit IS four. All I am saying is that if someone has more then one character, give one up now. You have enough characters. Remember, YOU are a character yourself.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've got my max number of characters covered (Mo and myself in dino form).  :D

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was wondering are shorty and Bron still in the Great valley?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blitz,Jul 31 2010 on  10:06 AM
I've got my max number of characters covered (Mo and myself in dino form).  :D
Nice! :)

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Aug 1 2010 on  12:14 AM
Quote from: Blitz,Jul 31 2010 on  10:06 AM
I've got my max number of characters covered (Mo and myself in dino form).  :D
Nice! :)
Thanks rat_lady! All I need now is a pic of it, not that it's necessary or anything.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Myrkin,Jul 30 2010 on  12:20 PM
Quote from: Pangaea,Jul 29 2010 on  10:33 PM
Quote from: Myrkin,Jul 29 2010 on  12:35 PM
Well... I don't remember me switching into a human form and my character doesn't know how to do it yet...
You did it in this post. I'm not sure when you changed back.

You could probably go back and edit it if you preferred that your character would remain a dinosaur throughout the RP. (No one else seems to have referenced your changing into human form.)
I shook Sam's hand with my dino paw. It might have been a bit tricky, but doable. :D
Oh! I just reread your post again, and realized that I had completely misinterpreted it the previous times. :oops You're right; your character has been a fast biter the entire time. Sorry about that. My bad. :oops

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jul 31 2010 on  12:34 AM
Those of you with more then four characters, give one up right now.

And just to clear any confusion, If you are playing yourself and THREE other characters, yourself is considered a character. So you have reached that maximum.

Those of you that have less then three, feel free to take some characters from the list. If you want to switch a character, you are free to do so as well.
No offense, Amy, but I don’t really agree with, or like, this change of rules. I thought the maximum has always been five characters (including your dinosona); why change it now?

One significant problem is that seven out of the eleven current players (you, CT, Myrkin, Belmont, GVG, f-22, and Kor) already have four characters: That doesn’t leave many people to pick up the surplus characters, especially now that Noname’s dropped out. Even those who do have openings might not want to RP those characters (I barely know what to do with Screech as it is; I don’t know how I would handle Ali, Pterano, Tria, or even Thud).

Some players (Kor for one, I believe) are most comfortable playing with just their own characters, as opposed to interacting with other players. Others, like Chronicler, are happy playing with very few characters, and might not want to be pressured into playing other characters (especially if other members expect to be able to interact with those characters, but the RPers playing them prefer limited interaction with other RPers). Not that you’re forcing anyone to take on characters they don’t want, but I think it would be better to let everyone have a little more freedom in which characters they choose to play, and how many.

Also, some characters might be considered more vital to the RP than others, but RPers may not consider them as desirable to play as more “minor” characters. For instance, Screech is one of very few characters that Red Claw can interact with socially, I feel an obligation to continue playing him. However, basically all I’ve ever done with Screech (and can think of doing) is talk to Red Claw when prompted, eat whenever Red Claw kills something, and vengefully pursue my dinosona when the sharptooth trio attacks the valley. Frankly, I’m not having a whole lot of fun with him (although I’m enjoying it enough to keep going). In contrast, I can think of several things to do with Ozzy and Strut, and in all honesty I think I’d rather play both of them and just drop Screech. This, however, conflicts with my aforementioned obligation to provide Red Claw with someone to converse with. Leaving the maximum character limit at five would negate this issue.

Maybe I’m still naÔve in the ways of RPing, but I don’t see how a maximum of five characters apiece is a problem for this RP. Personally, I think that it would give us much more trouble to lower the limit to four characters apiece. Please don’t take offense at this; it’s just what I think.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I'm just doing that so other people can pick and choose other characters if they want. Did I say EVERYONE had to have 4 characters? No. I said the maximum was four characters, not everyone has to have four characters.

Like I said, I know we don't have a bazillion members playing this, but this is just so if people want to play certain characters they can.

You know what, let's have a poll. I want to see what everyone thinks about this.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ATTENTION

After some talking, it has been decided that there is no longer a limit to our characters. Basically take the ones you want to control.

So because we have so many other characters as it is, just tell me now which characters you want to play and now.

So CT, if you wanted to play Ducky's Mom, go right ahead! :yes

Edit: I've added Pterano and I re-added Petrie's mom. I know someone needs to play her, might as well be me.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That’s great, Amy! :) So is it okay if I use Ozzy and Strut in the RP a little later on?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

NO.

Naw, yes you can. :yes :D :DD

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gaaah, you made my heart skip a beat there! :p

Thanks. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was also wanting to use ozzy and strut later on as well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^From my knowledge, you CAN share characters, but that's something you need to work out with Pangaea, considering he called them first.