The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Animation Errors

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is really an animation error, but Chomper didn't make it out of this mudslide in one piece.  :ChomperOhNo
Go Chomper!

Little Anonymous Hacker

• The Gang of Five's 1337 HAX0R
  • Ruby
  • ABDL/Little (SFW)
    • View Profile
    • Little Anonymous Hackerspace
I just noticed a few days ago that some of the boxart depicts the characters with fur.

https://x.com/LittleAnonHAX0R/status/1818887927423705229

Another error missing from this thread is from the scene from the third movie when the adults are arguing. The opening of the scene depicts Petrie's mom with her normal color palette, but the closing of the scene depicts her with Petrie's palette.

Also, when making a GIF of this, I noticed this weird 3D line that lasted for 2 frames.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
OMG, Petrie's mother got hit by the sibling clone virus! :petrieLOL :petrieooohh :opetrie

Mo-o-o-o is so totally yoinking that for LBT caption! :D

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Little Anonymous Hacker

• Ruby
  • ABDL/Little (SFW)
    • View Profile
I'm also surprised that no one mentioned Spike's reflection not matching up with his eye movement in the TV series intro.

And Petrie looks pretty cursed in those frames, too...  :opetrie

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Eeep! Thanks for highlighting those animation errors. Mo-o-o had never noticed! :opetrie

It's pretty cursed, indeed...

But to be fair in this instance, this was like a low budget production of The Land Before Time TV series in 2007. So along with the 2D animation overall being downgraded from traditional movie quality, I'm sure either they didn't care too much to either notice or fix the animation errors that most kids wouldn't notice anyway. :P

But regardless, thank you for being the catalyst that has revived this thread. Mo-o-o hadn't realized or known yet how interesting, weird, or funny LBT animation errors can be! :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I never noticed that Spike's eyes don't match up with his reflection, which is strange because, normally, I'm pretty good at finding animation errors.  :spikeblush

I think I noticed Petrie looking a little strange in that part of the intro, though.  :opetrie

Sporeguy97

• Ruby
  • just a guy who likes LBT and astronomy
    • View Profile
was watching LBT 12 and saw spike was missing a part of his eye being colored in
It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

— Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

Little Anonymous Hacker

• Ruby
  • ABDL/Little (SFW)
    • View Profile
There's something off with this shot.
I checked, and this only lasted for 1 frame, so good catch! I usually spot animation errors pretty quickly, but even I missed that one.

It looks like if an AI mastered the LBT art style, but still had the common AI mistakes.
was watching LBT 12 and saw spike was missing a part of his eye being colored in
I just checked my HD rips, and they have the same error. It lasts for 2 frames, and in this higher resolution cropped screenshot, I can see that there are a few pixels colored correctly in the corner of his eye.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I'm curious how long it took you in particular to find that animation error, considering that it had only lasted for 1 or 2 frames? Like Mo-o-o is thinking you must be paying a lot of attention or going through each scene in the movies quite slowly in order to not miss an animation error, right? Was there an exact method you used that was perhaps more efficient?

Sporeguy97

• Ruby
  • just a guy who likes LBT and astronomy
    • View Profile
Well I've been taking screenshots from the movies and TV show for some projects and i just somehow paused at the right time to find this animation error!
It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

— Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lol, congrats! That must've been very lucky then! :olittlefoot :ChomperOhhh

Little Anonymous Hacker

• Ruby
  • ABDL/Little (SFW)
    • View Profile
I apologize for my absence the past few weeks.

I've been meaning to post another error from the third movie where Hyp's spine and the area below his eyes are pink instead of their usual shade of brown for a few seconds.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:03:36 AM by Little Anonymous Hacker »