Welcome to The Gang of Five | The Land Before Time. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Big Gang of Five Meeting?

Would you attend a real life GoF meeting for 1 or more days?
Yes, I'd definitely meet up with other GoF members and do fun stuff [ 8 ]  [15.09%]
Yes, I'd like to if money and free time permits me [ 34 ]  [64.15%]
Maybe if... (please comment) [ 3 ]  [5.66%]
No, I don't think that would work out at all [ 5 ]  [9.43%]
No, I'm not interested [ 3 ]  [5.66%]
Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
Malte279
Posted on Feb 7 2012, 06:21 AM

I'm a historian. I MUST be like that!
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

^ The way I see it the question is not answered because of any reservations whatsoever against you, but simply because nobody knows the answer. The whole plan for such a meeting is never going to be realized unless one or a few members agree to work as the main organizers. So far everybody wants it to happen, but little steps are taken to make it happen.
Organizing such a meeting will be a rather tough task. It will require a lot of time, patience, possibly money and it will require for some decisions to be made which are not going to be popular for everyone. The choice of the meeting place alone is likely to exclude a number of members from the meeting if the place is too far from their whereabouts.
With the majority of members of the GOF living in the United States I expect it to be likely for that meeting to be intended to take place within the US. I myself can't be part of it for lack of the finances allowing me to travel to the US.
To those who wish for such a meeting to take place I recommend to agree on a day and time to meet on Skype or MSN for a group chat with the intention to lay out some basic plans and find out if there is / are anyone(s) willing to take on the work part of organizing such a meeting.
With everyone wishing for it to happen but nobody in charge of doing anything about it, it is not going to happen. Whoever would be willing to take on the task of organizing it deserves the praise and gratitude of everyone wishing for such a meeting. But he or she is not likely to be able to please everyone and might be exposed to unfair accusations in case anybody claims for decisions not satisfactory to him or her to be caused by any malice of the organizer rather than the necessity to find the least common denominator for a large group of people.
vonboy
Posted on Feb 7 2012, 07:46 AM

The 2014 GoF Meeting didn't end well...

Group: Member +
Member No.: 727

Well, Pterano was starting to plan out a US meetup last year for this summer, but it's kind of fallen at the wayside recently.

http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=10193

As far as I know, he was planning on there being multiple meeting spots, and the different groups would communicate through a Skype video conference.

This post has been edited by vonboy on Feb 7 2012, 07:47 AM
BigFriendlyGun9000
Posted on Feb 8 2012, 09:52 PM

Chomper

Member No.: 868

No. There ARE reasons I probaly would not come, even if I wanted to:

1: I don't own a car, namely because I'm not old enough to (legally) drive.

2: I'm pretty bad around crowds. I'm not antisocial, just socially awkward.

3: Every account I have online (exept for Xbox Live) is a SECRET. Only my dad knows, and while he is rather neutral and okay with it, (remind me to thank him later), he does use it as blackmail, especially my Fanfiction account.

4: I don't think any of my friends or family would be WILLING to take me. Seriously, imagine what would happen if you went up to your parents and said, "Hey, could you take me to a place in the middle of the country where I will celebrate the existence of a cartoon that was made with 5-year olds in mind with a couple of teens and 20-something's I know online?" Every one of my family, no matter how much they supported me, would ethier burst out laughing or break my computer into pieces. Did I ever mention I'm a closet fan, only actively supporting it when online?

Littlefoot Fan
Posted on Feb 9 2012, 09:34 AM

Ducky

Member No.: 62

I don't really think LBT has much to do with this meeting, it is really just about us as a community getting to see each other and hang out together in person for the first time. I personally would love to meet some members on here purely because the people I've talked to on here are just such awesome people.

And I know what you mean about social awkwardness, I have that pretty bad myself, but I don't think it would really bother me if I was around some members from the GoF. It would just be a completely different feeling than if I was around any other people I haven't met before, since in a way, I feel like we all sort of know each other, even if we've never really met or talked directly.
DarkHououmon
Posted on Feb 13 2012, 06:08 PM

"Be prepared, Snappy boy. Your luck has run out..."

Member No.: 74

One thing I'd like to know is why Invisionfree says this has new posts even though it hasn't had any new posts for the past couple days. dino_tongue.gif
The Chronicler
Posted on Feb 13 2012, 07:05 PM

Bionicle fan of GoF

Member No.: 196

QUOTE (DarkHououmon @ Feb 13 2012, 06:08 PM)
One thing I'd like to know is why Invisionfree says this has new posts even though it hasn't had any new posts for the past couple days. dino_tongue.gif

It's because this is a poll. Whenever someone votes in a poll, it counts as a new post. At least, that's the way I see it, based on experience.
Redtooth101
Posted on Mar 27 2012, 06:30 PM

Mechanical Dino, win

Member No.: 656

Some great news is, I'll have a 4 month summer holiday in which I'll be jumping about the US this year. So if there is a meeting, there's a high probability I can make it.
Mumbling
Posted on Apr 10 2012, 12:44 AM

Apple... Savvy?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 215

If there is going to be an American meeting you guys should probably create a new topic for it to see who can go. I won't be attending nor hosting, so you'd have to figure that out for yourself tongue.gif
Petrie85
Posted on Apr 10 2012, 07:37 AM

Great To Be Different

Group: Banned
Member No.: 791

I hope this happens one day soon. I really would love to meet you guys and gals one day. It would be the best with ever. I hope this works out soon. I know I haven't been here in a long time I needed a break but glad to be back here full time now. I said some things I shouldn't have and I hope people can forgive me for them.
Nimrod
Posted on Jun 21 2012, 05:02 PM

I see you...

Member No.: 146

I just think that it would be very hard to make a big meeting with so many members from different countries. Duo to the fact that most of the members come from america IŽd say that all should meet there. But not everyone has the money for it, some are working or having school. Time zones are different. To arrange a meeting with three or four people like me, gustav malte and jason did is pretty easy. But with such a large crowd of people it can be very difficult I think...
The Chronicler
Posted on Jun 27 2012, 07:00 PM

Bionicle fan of GoF

Member No.: 196

Now that I'm finished with college, my schedule can be more flexible, as far as I know for now. However, I still don't feel ready or willing to travel very far, so if anyone wants to meet me in person, you'll have to come to me in Vermont.

Regardless, it seems to me like it may already be too late to arrange a meeting of some members in the U.S. this year. sad.gif Looking back on this topic, we started talking about this idea at around this time last year, and I'm not seeing any progress so far.
Bullzeye
Posted on Sep 28 2013, 12:39 AM

Ruby

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,199

Well, I have very little money to go for the Gang of Five meeting.
Mumbling
Posted on Sep 28 2013, 02:06 AM

Apple... Savvy?
Group Icon

I suppose spamming has its upsides.

Who is in for a European meeting next summer? I'm willing to organize one! smile.gif If so, please let me know what you think would be an appropriate length for such a meeting (a weekend, a week etc.)
Malte279
Posted on Sep 28 2013, 02:48 AM

I'm a historian. I MUST be like that!
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

I'd be there (easier said for the Europeans of course) in-yes.gif
Given the costs it would probably mean for anyone joining the meeting from the the US, Canada, Australia, New-Zealand or other countries from the western hemisphere I suppose the length should be more than a weekend or else it would be a high price for them to pay for a relatively short time.
As for the time around which it could happen there is some uncertainty on my end with regard to the possibility of me getting a new job by the time, but most likely July / August would be the best option.
Ducky123
Posted on Sep 28 2013, 04:32 AM

Who couldn't resist that face?

Member No.: 1,055

If my parents let me go, I'd be there.
LBTDiclonius
Posted on Sep 28 2013, 07:01 PM

Your Resident Diclonius

Member No.: 681

There's no way that I'll be able to go, even though I'd love to.
LettuceBacon&Tomato
Posted on Sep 28 2013, 10:49 PM

Rations

Member No.: 209

Lucky you admins meeting up.

I actually could start going to these. Out of college, in Ohio, next time I visit Europe maybe I'd be able to see one or more of you!

That would truly be surprising, and something I would never have previously thought possible.
Mumbling
Posted on Sep 29 2013, 02:14 AM

Apple... Savvy?
Group Icon

You would be very welcome LB&T! Feel free to let us know when you're ever going to Europe wink.gif
jansenov
Posted on Sep 29 2013, 03:19 AM

Ducky's sub-par imitator

Member No.: 682

If some things turn out right, I might just have enough money to go. We'll see.
DarkWolf91
Posted on Sep 29 2013, 08:11 AM

Flattooth at Heart

Member No.: 294

Ah, excellent, this would give me an excuse to return to Europe Dino_grins.gif
I still feel guilty that I largely fell of the map while I was over there dry.gif I do intend to return though, and hopefully it will be possible for me to attend one of these sometime in the future biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1413 seconds | Archive

Please visit our affiliates:

download the land before time tv episodes from the tv series!