InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Gang of Five | The Land Before Time. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
We currently have a measure in place where we manually validate new accounts to keep spammers away, please give us a day or two to validate your account before contacting us.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (246) « First ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread, Its epic... trust me
Stitch
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 01:08 AM

Ducky

Group: Member +
Member No.: 49

Appearantly Hasbro has decided to be generous and has already released the extended version of "Love is in Bloom". Here's the video:

Love is in Bloom official extended version
Spartanguy88
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:05 PM

Don't mind me, I'm mentally insane.

Member No.: 289

Be honest, you KNOW you were all thinking this line when Twilight held up that sandwich during the beginning of the finale...

user posted image
f-22 "raptor" ace
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:27 PM

yay

Member No.: 83

my new headcanon about how twilight got smarty pants user posted image
Daddytops2009
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 06:26 PM

Ducky

Member No.: 462

user posted image
Serris
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:15 PM

General of the Great Valley

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Bongo @ Apr 25 2012, 02:27 AM)
Guys, prepare thine plotholes.

user posted image

The 'fun' has been tripled.

Oh no, Molestia, Lunanaughty and Decadance.

Run dammit! Run! blink.gif blink.gif

On a side note, if there was a "darker and edgier" MLP:FiM, what would you like to see?

I would like to see a gritty (but still kid-friendly) Batman Beyond-esque cyberpunk work with Equestria as a gritty megatropolis.
Spartanguy88
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 03:50 PM

Red vs. Blue lovers rejoice!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Kor
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 04:49 PM

The Gang of Five
Group Icon

Group: The Circle
Member No.: 170

QUOTE (Serris @ Apr 28 2012, 10:15 PM)

Oh no, Molestia, Lunanaughty and Decadance.

Run dammit! Run! blink.gif blink.gif

On a side note, if there was a "darker and edgier" MLP:FiM, what would you like to see?

I would like to see a gritty (but still kid-friendly) Batman Beyond-esque cyberpunk work with Equestria as a gritty megatropolis.

That could make an interesting spin off series, or fanfiction or even rp setting.
Daddytops2009
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 04:50 PM

Ducky

"darker and edgier?"

AJ had all looked over Equestria for her mother only to hear she's found dead in Manehattan based upon Free Wiily 2.

It's after the Royal Wedding where Twilight finds her brother.

user posted image
Serris
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:17 PM

Have any of y'all read the rather infamous fic The Conversion Bureau and its numerous spin-offs?

Granted, I am not a fan of the 'verse, save for three spin offs. What puzzles me is how the hell it got on EQD? The original story by Blaze was quite frankly, a piece of s---.

And the most famous author of the 'verse, Chatoyance is a complete nutcase; she creeps me out in the way that no dark fic can.

Look at some of the quotes she says on Fimfiction.

On the importance of a self-consistent, mythic world: the entire basis of all fantasy and science fiction - not to mention religion or any story - the very engine that powers it is suspension of disbelief. A fool says 'it's only a cartoon' or 'it's only a movie' or 'it's only a book'. No, it is more than that, if, and only if, it manages to create a stable, self-sustaining artifice in the mind of the audience, if it manages to get them to suspend their disbelief. This is only possible if the world is consistent, if the tone is appropriate, if the details support the artifice, if everything comes together to generate emotional and intellectual immersion within the fictional world. It all falls apart, and becomes 'only a cartoon' when those making it no longer make that effort, stop believing in their world, and use it cheaply and without the effort to make it believable.
Bongo
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:37 AM

Spike

Member No.: 696

QUOTE (Serris @ Apr 29 2012, 10:17 PM)
Have any of y'all read the rather infamous fic The Conversion Bureau and its numerous spin-offs?

Granted, I am not a fan of the 'verse, save for three spin offs. What puzzles me is how the hell it got on EQD? The original story by Blaze was quite frankly, a piece of s---.

And the most famous author of the 'verse, Chatoyance is a complete nutcase; she creeps me out in the way that no dark fic can.

Look at some of the quotes she says on Fimfiction.

On the importance of a self-consistent, mythic world: the entire basis of all fantasy and science fiction - not to mention religion or any story - the very engine that powers it is suspension of disbelief. A fool says 'it's only a cartoon' or 'it's only a movie' or 'it's only a book'. No, it is more than that, if, and only if, it manages to create a stable, self-sustaining artifice in the mind of the audience, if it manages to get them to suspend their disbelief. This is only possible if the world is consistent, if the tone is appropriate, if the details support the artifice, if everything comes together to generate emotional and intellectual immersion within the fictional world. It all falls apart, and becomes 'only a cartoon' when those making it no longer make that effort, stop believing in their world, and use it cheaply and without the effort to make it believable.

I actually do like that story. I am always a big sucker for 'Human in Equestria' stories. I especially LOVED the spin-off called 'Last Man Standing'. Don't want to spoil anything to anyone who hasn't read it, but it really did stab me in the heart as a tear jerker,

Oh, and darker and edgier? Um...

user posted image

I think that's already taken care of.
Serris
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:47 AM

I like HiE fics but I prefer the ones where there is no transformation.

I hate the CB-verse for its "superior species"/"Humans are bastards" posturing. But I especially hate it for its rather blatant message of advocating genocide.
Daddytops2009
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:25 AM

Ducky

I tried to write HiE but I always got a load of thumbs downs.
f-22 "raptor" ace
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 08:52 AM

yay

I'm writing an HiE fic and I have three chapters of it on FiM fiction
Spartanguy88
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 12:24 PM

I myself am not a huge fan of HiE based stories. I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there; I just find them extremely over-done.

I am however considering and brainstorming a Friendship is Magic X Mass Effect crossover story. Set after the end of ME3, (Female) Shepard wakes up as a pony in Equestria and has to find out how she got there and how to get back, if that's even possible.
Bongo
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 11:55 PM

Spike

Member No.: 696

Is there a problem officer?

user posted image
Spartanguy88
Posted: May 1 2012, 10:32 AM

Mawr Ponified RVB Characters!!

user posted image
Daddytops2009
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:21 AM

Ducky

f-22 "raptor" ace
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:32 AM

yay

user posted image
Daddytops2009
Posted: May 2 2012, 04:08 PM

Ducky

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Daddytops2009 on May 2 2012, 04:16 PM
f-22 "raptor" ace
Posted: May 2 2012, 04:16 PM

yay

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (246) « First ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3508 seconds | Archive

Please visit our affiliates:

download the land before time tv episodes from the tv series!