Welcome to The Gang of Five | The Land Before Time. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (235) « First ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

How are you Feeling?
Cancerian Tiger
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:39 PM

Look Within Yourself

Group: Member +
Member No.: 222

Wow, there's a lot of misfortunes among GOF members lately. I hate seeing others in bad times dino_neutral.gif.

As for me, I'm feeling like my sense of security has been compromised, and true to my Cancerian nature, that's a major bad feeling to have. First of all, they're cutting our hours at work to give new hires hours, which is very unfair. Considering I am one of the employees responsible for inventory and ordering product, this makes it harder on those of us who have more responsibilities to handle in less time. On top of that, I've got freakin' bills to pay.

Then, I thought I was going to have a start in my real career by now. I was called to schedule an interview, but then was never called back. I've since called and had to leave a message, and that was almost two weeks ago and still nothing. Not even a "Sorry, but we hired someone else." I know that could only mean something better will come along, but it's frustrating nonetheless in-frustrated.gif.

Yeah, gotta love that feeling of uncertainty dino_confused.gif.
LBTDiclonius
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:12 AM

Your Resident Diclonius

Member No.: 681

Kind of bitter, but reassured. This guy that I was really close with just kind of broke our friendship. Without a really good reason. I'm at a sleepover with my friend, and we were skyping and the connection was really bad, so the call got dropped, and I tried calling him, but it wasn't working. We had to go do something, and he was like, "No, don't go," and then he was like, "Forget it, I don't wanna see or talk to you again." And I'm like, "Dude, WTF?"

So, yeah, a bit ticked off because of that, but reassured that I'm not like some girls who can't get over a relationship.
vonboy
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:36 AM

The 2014 GoF Meeting didn't end well...

Member No.: 727

I feel really hectic and busy, and also kinda bad that I haven't been around much lately. sad.gif

But college will be out for me on may 15th, and then I'll have a lot more freetime again.

This post has been edited by vonboy on Apr 22 2012, 09:37 AM
Petrie85
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 12:16 PM

Great To Be Different

Group: Banned
Member No.: 791

I feel good my life is pretty busy and hectic as well. But glad to be alive.
Petrie85
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 12:16 PM

Great To Be Different

Group: Banned
Member No.: 791

I feel good my life is pretty busy and hectic as well. But glad to be alive.
Serris
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:42 AM

General of the Great Valley

Member No.: 201

I am highly tempted to smoke pot or slightly OD on my antidepressants (30 mg instead of my usual 20 mg) or take my usual dose of antidepressant and then wash it down with strong tea or stay up for a few days straight.

Why? I want a mind altering experience. Granted, I have been experiencing some pretty funky dreams lately.
Malte279
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:38 AM

I'm a historian. I MUST be like that!
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

Maybe there are ways to accomplish such an experience without the need to risk getting addicted to some drug or anti-depressant?
Cancerian Tiger
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 10:20 AM

Look Within Yourself

I have bats*** crazy dreams all the time, but getting into dream interpretation and deciphering them has helped me tremendously.

Antidepressants, believe it or not, aggravate weird dreams and nightmares, and they're just not good to be on unless your life depends on it. I stopped taking any conventional medicine a few years ago, and I have never felt healthier wink.gif. I just realized I had to change my circumstances and who I associated with, because that's what causes the majority of depression. The rest, who tends to be genetic, I find healthy ways to channel those feelings, usually by working out, creative hobbies, or meditation. I would not condone drug use, aside from maybe ONE drink of alcohol, but that too is for health reasons (wine is heart-healthy smile.gif).

Have you thought about deep meditation? That works for me.

Serris
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Cancerian Tiger @ Apr 23 2012, 11:20 AM)
Antidepressants, believe it or not, aggravate weird dreams and nightmares, and they're just not good to be on unless your life depends on it. I stopped taking any conventional medicine a few years ago, and I have never felt healthier wink.gif. I just realized I had to change my circumstances and who I associated with, because that's what causes the majority of depression. The rest, who tends to be genetic, I find healthy ways to channel those feelings, usually by working out, creative hobbies, or meditation. I would not condone drug use, aside from maybe ONE drink of alcohol, but that too is for health reasons (wine is heart-healthy smile.gif).

Have you thought about deep meditation? That works for me.

I need antidepressants during the school year or else my OCD essentially cripples me or worse, I become suicidal. I don't take them during the summer as my symptoms vanish. Luckily, the antidepressant I take is one of the weakest ones on the market.

Of course, I have found that drinking massive amounts of strong black tea and listening to goa trance produces some funky effects too. And so does sleep deprivation. Of course, entering the "twilight zone" between sleep and wakefullness and then waking up thwn going back to sleep produces interesting effects too.

----------

Right now, I am slightly tired.
Mumbling
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:49 PM

Apple... Savvy?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 215

Feeling empty after having to say goodbye to a friend once again. Also kind of tired so most likely going to bed now. On top of that I have a cold, but that is my own fault for being outside last saturday while it was raining the whole day dino_tongue.gif
Littlefoot1616
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:26 PM

The Inquisitive Quadruped (admin)
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Ughh... dreading the thought of having to job hunt for a full time teacher role. I kinda took a bailout after applying for a classroom assistant role this year because I didn't feel ready to take on a whole class of kids. I love the school I'm in at the moment and the staff love me but there aren't any teaching posts going and my training is only valid for a few years. If I don't complete my Newly Qualified Teaching (NQT) year, my training becomes nil and void. On top of that, applying for teacher roles is an overly complex and daunting system of applications, interviews, re-interviews and lesson demonstrations. If you happen to have an inside track to a teaching position i.e. the people know you, it's pretty much a bump up with very little hassle (which is what I was hoping for). Oh well... nothing to it but to do it right?
Cancerian Tiger
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:40 PM

Look Within Yourself

QUOTE (Serris @ Apr 23 2012, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (Cancerian Tiger @ Apr 23 2012, 11:20 AM)
Antidepressants, believe it or not, aggravate weird dreams and nightmares, and they're just not good to be on unless your life depends on it.  I stopped taking any conventional medicine a few years ago, and I have never felt healthier wink.gif.  I just realized I had to change my circumstances and who I associated with, because that's what causes the majority of depression.  The rest, who tends to be genetic, I find healthy ways to channel those feelings, usually by working out, creative hobbies, or meditation.  I would not condone drug use, aside from maybe ONE drink of alcohol, but that too is for health reasons (wine is heart-healthy smile.gif).

Have you thought about deep meditation?  That works for me.

I need antidepressants during the school year or else my OCD essentially cripples me or worse, I become suicidal. I don't take them during the summer as my symptoms vanish. Luckily, the antidepressant I take is one of the weakest ones on the market.

Of course, I have found that drinking massive amounts of strong black tea and listening to goa trance produces some funky effects too. And so does sleep deprivation. Of course, entering the "twilight zone" between sleep and wakefullness and then waking up thwn going back to sleep produces interesting effects too.

----------

Right now, I am slightly tired.

Oh, okay smile.gif.

And Littlefoot1616, I totally understand how frustrating it is to look for work in your dream career in-frustrated.gif.

As for me, I'm feeling frustrated. Not just because of my continuing job hunt saga, but also because of a friend of mine. They live in another state, so we keep up on FB. This is a childhood friend of mine, and we both share a history of being bullied. However, they continue to carry that baggage with them, along with a failed marriage and family drama, and everytime I go on FB I see something pessimistic posted by them. It gets really depressing, but I'm especially offended by the last thing they posted about not trusting ANYONE. Considering we lost contact after high school and only within the past year reunited via Facebook, I had nothing to do with their personal life or their poor choices they made along the way, so I find this repulsive of them dry.gif. I don't know how to tell them to get over the past that can't be changed and make their future different without them going into victim mode and saying some smarta** remark dino_roll-eyes.gif.

This post has been edited by Cancerian Tiger on Apr 23 2012, 09:51 PM
FreckledOne
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 11:14 AM

Looks around, nervously

Member No.: 937

Serris, I humbly suggest that you don't OD. Maybe try to drink the tea instead.

I hope you feel better Iris. And I wish good luck to all who are searching for jobs right now.

Cancerian Tiger, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I can't really give any advice on this, since I am the absolute worst at people skills. dino_oops.gif

I got my car back finally yesterday (sans mirrors, of course dry.gif ), so at least I can leave the house if I needed to. I think the reason I've been feeling so down in the dumps lately is because I've been stranded at home, only going out if my parents were. Not that I crave the outside world or anything, but if my family needed me I couldn't go and help them.
Mumbling
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:01 PM

Apple... Savvy?
Group Icon

Depressed :/ Everyone is leaving me alone all of a sudden right when I expected to have a nice evening with family/friends...
MrDrake
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 04:47 PM

WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

Member No.: 575

Hungry....but it feels too early right now to go and get anything to eat. I mean, I know what I want to eat, but I'm gonna grab it later on XD
Cancerian Tiger
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 09:23 PM

Look Within Yourself

Frustrated about jobs. I understand good things come to those who wait, but I'm finding it hard to be patient lately in-frustrated.gif.
Dr. Curzon
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:17 PM

Dr. Quack-Quack's pal, the LBT packer!

Member No.: 863

Worried. I just recently visited my grandmother, and I learned she had cancer and is losing her appetite. I really hope she gets better.
Serris
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:36 PM

After seeing what the well known Conversion Bureau author Chatoyance has been saying and reading some of her stories... Creeped out.

How can someone hate Humanity so much?

She's completely f---ing nuts!

This post has been edited by Serris on Apr 29 2012, 10:40 PM
Mr Wonk
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 06:47 AM

Almost finshed his frist website!

Member No.: 951

Happy!

My forum going really well. I have just got my first member ever but there still some work to do. dino_idee.gif

This post has been edited by Mr Wonk on Apr 30 2012, 06:48 AM
Mumbling
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:02 AM

Apple... Savvy?
Group Icon

Someone called me too 'old' to make sculptures of pokemon. Lost faith in humanity again! biggrin.gif

No but seriously, I'm doing great now I can sculpt again... All the hate-comments aside wink.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (235) « First ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2651 seconds | Archive

Please visit our affiliates:

download the land before time tv episodes from the tv series!