Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Gang of Five | The Land Before Time. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Did the series get a good finale?
Bruton the Iguanodon
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 04:01 PM

Unregistered

Do you think the series got a decent finale?
Malte279
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:47 PM

I'm a historian. I MUST be like that!
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

I don't think it got any finale. Sure the episode "through the eyes of a spiketail" is the last one listed, but with every single episode being a concluded story without any reference to preceding episodes I don't think it matters at all in which order one watches them.
jansenov
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:53 PM

Ducky's sub-par imitator

Group: Member +
Member No.: 682

There was no finale. The franchise is an unfinished project. Maybe the studio had a finale in mind, but they never got to make it.
Petrie85
Posted: Nov 19 2011, 08:07 AM

Great To Be Different

Group: Banned
Member No.: 791

Yeah I thought the show left off at a good place.
Petria
Posted: Nov 21 2011, 08:55 PM

Ruby

Member No.: 615

Life's all about the Land Before Time.
Everything we do must be related to the Land Before Time.
We are going to base our lives on the Land Before Time
I'm gonna sleep with the Land Before Time videos.
My new name is now Land Before Time.
I want the Land Before Time now
Now
NOW!
Landfoot! Cera! Aaaa!
My life!!! Aaaa!!!
The land before tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

Our movie, Our lives smile.gif
thebigdeal
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 02:52 AM

Spike

Member No.: 538

I can tell the series is gonna revive... someday wink.gif
oogaboo
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 03:21 PM

Petrie

Member No.: 645

It never had a "finale". And even if it did it would probably be just as abysmal as the thirteenth movie and through the eyes of Spike. I would not want the franchise to be revived either.
Petrie
Posted: Nov 23 2011, 07:02 AM

GOF Founder
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 22

The first movie was supposed to be the finale because it actually had an ending that was intended to end. wink.gif
LBTLover1
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 04:25 PM

Furry

Member No.: 830

QUOTE (Malte279 @ Nov 18 2011, 06:47 PM)
I don't think it got any finale. Sure the episode "through the eyes of a spiketail" is the last one listed, but with every single episode being a concluded story without any reference to preceding episodes I don't think it matters at all in which order one watches them.

1. I thought the "Great Egg Adventure" was the last one to air.

2. Some stories actually had referred back to other episodes like "The Mysterious Tooth Crisis and "The Great Egg Adventure used the smiliar "mud pool" experience.
vonboy
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 04:59 PM

The 2014 GoF Meeting didn't end well...

Member No.: 727

QUOTE (LBTLover1 @ Dec 15 2011, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Malte279 @ Nov 18 2011, 06:47 PM)

1. I thought the "Great Egg Adventure" was the last one to air.

Even though, I think "Through the eyes of a Spiketail was the last episode produced, so it's intended to be the season finale.

Also, it just seems a little bit more "special" than the other episodes to me.
MC CJ'S REVENGE
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 03:52 PM

Chomper

Member No.: 837

Like everyone said there never was a finale. The show basically is on hiatus, sort of. rolleyes.gif
vonboy
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 04:11 PM

The 2014 GoF Meeting didn't end well...

Member No.: 727

Like I said in some other topic (the 14th movie topic maybe?) The TV series was never formally cancelled. There was never any statement from Universal saying it was cancelled, or from Cartoon Network waying they weren't ordering new episodes. It's kind of like what happened to Futurama the first time it was "Cancelled". Fox just didn't order another season, and that was that. No statement or explaination for why.

So yeah, the TV serieve is technically on hiatus, but it's essentially dead for all intents and purposes.
Flathead770
Posted: Aug 19 2012, 01:02 AM

Ducky

Member No.: 118

I felt like "The Return to Hanging Rock" (I think thats what is was called) was the closest thing to a finale. It might have been because it was the last one I watched but I remembered when Ruby was re-united with her family she said something around the lines of the reason they were there was to find a way to stop Redclaw. When I heard that I was like: "huh? You mean there is actually supposed to be an over arcing story for this?". I remember thinking that episode was one of the better ones as well.
EggStealerGirl
Posted: Aug 19 2012, 01:15 AM

The Fanatic Fangirl

Member No.: 735

Like others have said, I really wouldn't consider it as a final, yet I can see why others can tend to think it that way.

Honestly, if not for the economic troubles, there probably would've been more episodes. I least, that's what I would think. dino_happier.gif

It's kind of like the season final of Catscratch, IMO; if it just would've gotten better ratings, there would have been more episodes. Yet, for some strange reason, it still left me feeling satisfied. ^^

I don't think I've actually seen the last episode of the LBT series, at least, not all the way through. I really should, sometime. biggrin.gif
bestariana1girl
Posted: Jan 28 2014, 02:28 PM

Chomper

Member No.: 1,222

Unfortunately, the show never had a finale along with the movies. Probably because kids want to see cartoons fart or get hurt rather then dinosaurs working together and being good friends. The T.V. show failed so they closed everything related to the series up, along with the movies (they failed as well) and that was unfairly the end of it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1478 seconds | Archive

Please visit our affiliates:

download the land before time tv episodes from the tv series!